Updated to 10.5.6, updated Intel 950 driver and now no restart

jangoux

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is my first post here. After lots of reading, i tried installing OSX and its been only hapiness so far. So, I installed Ideneb 1.3 (10.5.5) and after a while, i followed Netkas guide to upgrade to 10.5.6. Did it, but then I got no resolution change CI/QE. I then followed THIS GUIDE and got all the graphics goodies i missed with the updates. However, after this restart worked only maybe a couple more times and now it stopped working - sleep and shutdown are working greatly, tho´. When i put my system to restart, it works as if it was going to restart, the wallpaper disappears, the screen turns black, my monitor turns to if it was no signal connected and stop as that.

Can anyone help me ?

My system is a Intel Celeron E1200, Gigabyte GCM945-S2C motherboard, 1 gb of ram, a bunch of IDE and SATA HDs, Ideneb 1.3 with the graphics update from that link and sound update from another link i cant remeber where i found :angel: vanilla kernel, stock netkas smbios, nothing fancy at all.

Here, http://www.mediafire.com/?cznyjodh2mi

Unzip it and copy the kext into System/Library/Extensions folder. I suggest u just Use "kext Helper" to install that kext. Reboot and test.

GOod Luck... :wacko:

Hi,

This is my first post here. After lots of reading, i tried installing OSX and its been only hapiness so far. So, I installed Ideneb 1.3 (10.5.5) and after a while, i followed Netkas guide to upgrade to 10.5.6. Did it, but then I got no resolution change CI/QE. I then followed THIS GUIDE and got all the graphics goodies i missed with the updates. However, after this restart worked only maybe a couple more times and now it stopped working - sleep and shutdown are working greatly, tho´. When i put my system to restart, it works as if it was going to restart, the wallpaper disappears, the screen turns black, my monitor turns to if it was no signal connected and stop as that.

Can anyone help me ?

My system is a Intel Celeron E1200, Gigabyte GCM945-S2C motherboard, 1 gb of ram, a bunch of IDE and SATA HDs, Ideneb 1.3 with the graphics update from that link and sound update from another link i cant remeber where i found :blink: vanilla kernel, stock netkas smbios, nothing fancy at all.