Integrated Intel + PCIe card = Blue screen after loginwindow

7 posts in this topic

I have an intel D945GNTL with an Nvidia 7900GT but I would like to load the intel integrated video card which supports QE CE + Resolutions so I've entered to the bios and set the integrated video card to the default one but only shows a blue screen after loading loginwindow so my question is if there's a way to load and integrated video card with a PCIe already in the slot?

My first suggestion would be to take the PCIe card out and see if you can successfully boot that way before proceeding.

report back :thumbsdown_anim:

If I remove the PCIe Video card it works flawlessly, the only problem is when the PCIe video card is on the slot, I've tryied with Geforce 6800 GT and 7900 GT CO, with both video cards I had that problem.

perhaps osX is seeing a dual monitor setup and the desktop/login window is on the pci-e card. have you tried booting with the monitor plugged into the pci-e card, and then going to System Preferences, see if there are two monitors detected? perhaps you could select the other monitor to be your primary.... you see where i'm going. :)

personally i think yr going to be stuck.

sounds like yr motherboard is making the PCIe primary and OS X is going with it. I've heard others having the same issue.. and have yet to see an actual solution short of taking the card out when not in use.

In the Bios I have set to use the integrated Video Card as Primary, which works well in windows but in mac it only appears the blue screen and when I plug something to the PCIe card I don't see nothing.

Maybe OSx doesn't likes integrated Video Cards when you have a PCIe already installed.

• 1 month later...
In the Bios I have set to use the integrated Video Card as Primary, which works well in windows but in mac it only appears the blue screen and when I plug something to the PCIe card I don't see nothing.

Maybe OSx doesn't likes integrated Video Cards when you have a PCIe already installed.

After patching my motherboard with the latest BIOS I don't have this problem anymore. :thumbsup_anim: