trackpad and scroller buttons

tkc

13 posts in this topic

ok i know this is a minor problem, but i would like to get my trackpad working fully in normal/x86pc mode.

now i can only use it to move the cursor around, but can't use tapping for left clicks and double clicks. i'll have to use the left trackpad button which is quite troublesome.

the weird part is i got the tapping working in one session in normal/x86pc mode, while i was trying to patch some audio/hdd kext i think. then i decided to go into safe mode to see whether tapping works and it does work.

any ideas? thanks.

edit: i realised i forgot to add in the scroller buttons lol. anyway, these buttons simply help u scroll, ie press and hold to scroll up/down. not working in normal/x86pc mode. didn't try in safe mode though.

ok i know this is a minor problem, but i would like to get my trackpad working fully in normal/x86pc mode.

now i can only use it to move the cursor around, but can't use tapping for left clicks and double clicks. i'll have to use the left trackpad button which is quite troublesome.

the weird part is i got the tapping working in one session in normal/x86pc mode, while i was trying to patch some audio/hdd kext i think. then i decided to go into safe mode to see whether tapping works and it does work.

any ideas? thanks.

I'd like to know how to get this to work too... problem is im using a dell laptop... and the drivers are only for windows...

my friend got his trackpad working completely... by default... as soon as he installed it...

a kext called "ApplePS2TrackPad" or something loads when he is starting osx... i tried to use "kextload" to load it... but it didnt do anything.

anyone have any ideas?

yeah i tried loading that kext but it didn't work either. now i'm wondering if we can install this proggy for it to work: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/driv...usedscroll.html

for that matter i wonder if we can install the other software listed there. looks like there's wireless, sound drivers etc.

just tried to install it... i got "This software cannot be installed on this computer"...

okay an update... this is gonna sound crazy but.. i got it installed... all i did was copy the FFScroll.pkg to my desktop then i right clicked and went to "show package contents" then i removed the file called "InstallationCheck", and then i just re-opened the FFScroll.pkg and it installed..... normally.

the problem is though........... it doesnt work!.. i go to load it in system prefrences and i get: "Could not load FFScroll"

It wont work, even with real Mac, only with ones that have the exactly model of the trackpad used in the new PowerBooks.

I Have a 12" PowerBook and it doesn't work.

Edit:

Maybe with extra tweaks...

Arent Powerbook trackpads based on Synaptic while yours may be an ALPS trackpad. Therefore you'd have to write a kext for ALPS trackpad kext in order to get their features to work. All these applications that give more functionality for OS X PPC will not work for OS x86 since they use PPC instructions and drivers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...