Acer Aspire One Mac OS X 10.5.6 perfect install (using iATKOS_5i)

Just Because

56 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get our Acer Aspire One D250-1DQk loaded with SnowLeopard 10.something (can't read the last bit easily), I have removed the original hard drive that is loaded with Windows 7 Starter and installed a new unformated 320GB hard drive.

When booting I selected F2 as F12 was not an option so the external DVD drive would be recognised as first doot device and Network would be last boot device, the iATKOS_5i disk is ignored completely with the computer eventually trying to access the Network.

What am I missing to get to the next step

5. When the installer loads, click on the button like it tells you to.

Is it that this way of installing is only for multiboot?

Glenn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made the mistake of putting some kexts on which prevented me from loading MAC OSX..

I used the -X option and I get the Rotating Clock Timer on the botom of the screen but it hangs..

Is there a command I can use to get into this machine and how do I delete the Kexts I put in ?

Thanks..

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Oh man... I had to take a quiz and jump through all kind of hops, just to show my appreciation for your guide ;)

Anyway...

I just managed to get a working install on my Aspire One 532h (I think this was install no. 25 - seriously!)

I used your guide with a few modifications:

* Used iATKOS 7.1

* Installed the Voodoo driver from the intallation options

* Selected ALL in network drivers

And it works... so Thank you :)

There are still some stuff that doesn't work... (like ethernet and wireless) but the fact that I finally get to see my OSX desktop is fantastic!