Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 Install Guide using MSI 945P NEO3

maxpersg

36 posts in this topic

Wow. This worked perfectly. I have an Dell XPS420 Quad Core. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2. Then, followed these instructions exactly. Flawless. The only thing that is strange is that I have to tell my computer to boot from the disc for it to boot up. It actually doesn't boot from disc though, it boots from HD. Strange.

Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't have that line either, I'm going to take the plunge and just try rebooting without modifying that line, we'll see what happens and I'll report my findings. Cheers for the updates ^_^ - I appreciate the guide thus far.

Edit 1:

here is my horrific outcome...

rebooted with "update" -v

my sleephack wouldn't work, so I waited the fifteen minutes for the computer (Dell Inspiron 1525) to nap... it did

Got to my login screen, no keyboard/mouse support as of now...

Am I totally screwed and have to re-install everything or is there a fix? I made a CCC of my 10.5.3 as well on an external HDD, can I boot to my OSX install disc and restore that way?

Edit 2:

Booted to OSX Install disk and got my CCC clone working (I feel much better), I'm back to 10.5.5

Any idea what went wrong with 10.5.6 I followed the guide to a "T" the only thing I didn't have was the "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext" line to replace. Would that alter my keyboard/mouse functionality?

• 1 month later...

i couldnt find the Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext in the nano script so i just left it the way it is and rebooted (after installing 10.5.6 update) and now it hangs at, "using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

is there any way to fix this and get to my 10.5.6 intsallation? or do i have to clean install and go through all of the updates again?

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Kalyway Combo Update (+kernal) - Not Sure if i am allowed to post torrent links here but search in google Mac_OS_X_Leopard_10.5.3_Kalyway_Combo_Update First link at the top

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.4 UPDATE - http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1054update.html

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5 UPDATE - http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1055update.html

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6 UPDATE - http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1056update.html

There you go :D

Enjoy !!^^

Btw i am up to 10.5.4 Worked so far thanks :)

edit: Got to 10.5.6 with this guide works perfectly but when i got to 10.5.6 I lost QE/CI on my ati x1600 PRO 256mb any ideas?

Wait so you are saying you just installed the update from Apple, and thats it?

Id really appreciate the help. Thanx.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this OSX thing and am having a world of problems here. I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 and my system seems to work fine. I followed this guide to a tee and when 10.5.5 is installing I get a big "STOP" button on the screen telling me to reboot. I have done 3 clean installs of the Kalyway 10.5.2 and tried updating with that happening all 3 times. If I reboot, same thing, I cannot figure out what the problem is. Is this stop button/message a Kernel Panic? I tried a different hackintosh iDuben(sp?) which is based off 10.5.6 but my network card didn't work like it does on Kalyway, any ideas to help me? here's my specs

C2D 2.33 on DFI Lanparty p45 TR2 Plus MB, trying to install OSX on a clean WD Black 1TB SATA drive. What am I doing wrong here? Like I said, I'm doing every step in the guide, I went from .2 to .3 to .4, for .5 I did the terminal and the sleep 1; + rm thing to delete the file quick. Not sure what the problem is coming from.

Another question, I can't get Timemachine to work, so if I try to update to 10.5.5 again and have the same problem again, is there any way to get back to the OSX desktop without doing another install?

thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm new to this OSX thing and am having a world of problems here. I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 and my system seems to work fine. I followed this guide to a tee and when 10.5.5 is installing I get a big "STOP" button on the screen telling me to reboot. I have done 3 clean installs of the Kalyway 10.5.2 and tried updating with that happening all 3 times. If I reboot, same thing, I cannot figure out what the problem is. Is this stop button/message a Kernel Panic? I tried a different hackintosh iDuben(sp?) which is based off 10.5.6 but my network card didn't work like it does on Kalyway, any ideas to help me? here's my specs

Try to boot with " -x -f -v " I had the same problem before.

-Zoturen

• 5 months later...

hey guys currently installed 10.5.4 downloadin 10.5.5 this has really helped me because tryed 10.5.6 combo frm 10.5.1 had to reinstall it again but this time i have a spare hardrive so i can apply updates to tht and then to my main hard drive and btw for people who are wonderin this works frm 10.5.1 so if your nt sure i have tryed and it works thanx guys for the answer to this have been tryin for days to get this to work so i can use ilife 09 hacintosh is great i luv it my pc broke (files missing frm hardrive so i was tinkin bout a mac bt way way to expensive so i settled fr a good windows 7 pc and found out hw to get a mac on an intel pc so osx86 team my many many thanx

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

gx280 10.5.6 to 10.5.7

I followed this guide and i was almost to the point only issue I had was in 10.5.6 I needed to get the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5. or opening a DMG would lock it.

Had a GX 280 with 2 SATA drives 2nd one was a 750G with my Android/Eclipse on it so I had the space, probably I didn't need to but made the bigger HD the main drive and made sure xp will come up some ntdlr MS stuff popped. then used GParted to make the hfs partition and from there followed the guide. Gave good shot to iAtkos 1st but that one didn't work for me. kalyway worked out started with the 10.5.2 install.

Once in 10.5.6 everything was working good and next was install the iphone sdk 3.1.3 and Xcode that one one required 10.5.7 so read a bit and made a Superduper backup and stuff. actually it wasn't that bad downloaded the 10.5.7 update(not combo) from apple, just for kicks used the script while sleep thingie, finished didn't boot and from the backup put back the seatbelt.kext, IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorageClass kexts from 10.5.6 and booted(standard -v -f) and it worked at the 1st shot sdk installs fine so back to my mac/iphone coding now

cheers

Ok for completeness the mac app i'm writing deals with bluetooth and my USB bluetooth dongle would not be recognized same for my thumb drive so looking around there were 2 solutions that worked

1.checked if the IOUSB massstorageClass got loaded by running kextstat mine didn't so loaded it by hand with kextload -b /S/L/E/IOUSBMassStorageClass took care of both right away but when u restart this goes away

2. system.kext kernel version was not the same as the one returned buy uname -a so found the System.kext for 9.2.0 install it by hand and restarted with -f -v and then once more with -v and now all is cool.