NVidia 8800gts 640 (revision a3)

250GB sata drive

e6600

2gb DDR2 1066

n of course i got a legal copy of leopard

i've looked through some guides n i found some topics about my board:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=8800GTS

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&hl=8800GTS

but dont know what to do as the next step - which installtion type is the right one for me?

do i have to download a special version of osx or can i use the original discs?

There are two ways you can go about this. You can...

1) Use a prepatched image (iATKOS, Kalyway, iPC, Leo4all) which is a modified leopard install disc specifically designed for PC's

Go to a torrent site to download these images

2) Use a boot-132.iso and then boot up with you leopard retail install disc (which your board supports)

Read more about it from here: clicky

Feel free to pm me for any questions and good luck

MGJulius

• 2 weeks later...
There are two ways you can go about this. You can...

1) Use a prepatched image (iATKOS, Kalyway, iPC, Leo4all) which is a modified leopard install disc specifically designed for PC's

Go to a torrent site to download these images

2) Use a boot-132.iso and then boot up with you leopard retail install disc (which your board supports)

Read more about it from here: clicky

Feel free to pm me for any questions and good luck

MGJulius

I was wondering which one would I need to use which prepatched image and settings would i need for the following Dell XPS M1330:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo

Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo T5250 (2MB cache/1.50GHz FSB)

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate

Memory

Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 4GB shared1 Dual Channel 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM provides blazing performance.

DDR2 dual channel memory offers excellent performance and bandwidth. This memory architecture is designed to help improve overall system performance and reduce power consumption. As demands from processors, graphics and networking increase, DDR2 is the standard in notebook memory.

Graphics

nVidia Graphics

NVIDIA GeForceTM Go 8400M GS with 128MB dedicated DDR3 graphics memory

Screen

Standard:

13.3" UltraSharpTM WXGA (1280 x 800) display with TrueLifeTM (available with 2.0 MP camera)

Optional:

LED - backlit 13.3" UltraSharpTM WXGA display with TrueLifeTM (includes 0.3 MP camera)

With optional WLED Display: (w) 12.5, (d) 9.4, (h) 0.87 to 1.33 inches; (w) 31.8, (d) 23.8, (h) 2.21 to 3.38cm;

With CCFL Display: (w) 12.5, (d) 9.4, (h) 0.97 to 1.43 inches; (w) 31.8, (d) 23.8, (h) 2.46 to 3.63cm

Hard Drives

SATA Hard Drive

Up to 250GB configured with 5400 RPM SATA hard drive.

Up to 200GB configured with 7200 RPM SATA hard drive.

32GB configured with a Solid State hard drive.

Optical Storage

Optical Storage

Integrated Slot-Load Combo DVD player

Integrated Slot-Load DVD+/-RW Drive

Color Options

Tuxedo Black

Weight & Dimensions

Weight: Starting at 3.97 lbs2 (1.79 kg)

Width: 31.8cm

Height: 2.21cm – 3.38cm

Depth: 23.8cm

I/O Ports

2 USB 2.0 compliant 4-pin connectors

IEEE 1394a

RJ45 Ethernet port (10/100)

External Modem via USB

Video: VGA

Video: HDMI

ExpressCard 54 mm slot

8-in-1 removable memory card reader

Audio jacks: Stereo in & headphone/speaker out (x2) dual digital array mics

finished downloading

i can run through installation but after the reboot nothing works....

can so show me some guides how to install ipc, where to get the kexts...

think i have to spend more time in the forum to understand what to do....

tried it with iPC and by booting with a special iso for my board out of this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114834 (used v2 for 965p-ds3)

when booting n installing iPC the computer restarts after finishing installation... but thats it. it doesnt go through the apple loading screen...

when using the iso out of the topic mentioned above n changing to the retail dvd there is no hdd mentioned when i have to choose a volume. the harddrive should be formated correctly...

so what am i doing wrong?

when using the iso out of the topic mentioned above n changing to the retail dvd there is no hdd mentioned when i have to choose a volume. the harddrive should be formated correctly...

so what am i doing wrong?

Leopard cannot find "VOLUME" because ur Hard Disk is in MBR Partition by Default. U need to Partition it as "GUID" after erasing it using Disk utility as "Mac OS Journaled"

DO THIS:

Just after you Use Disk utility to erase ur Hard Disk as "Mac OS Journaled" next in Disk Utility select your HD (Which ever u erased and named like lets say "MAC") now in Disk Utility go to tab "Partition"

Select your Hard Disk there (the one u Erased) and in Drop down box select "GUID Partition" and "Apply"

Now close disk utility n continue Installation this time ul find ur "VOLUME" to install Leopard.

Good Luck... :)

ok - once again

when i boot with ipc-disk, the harddrive shows up n i can change the partition to "Mac OS Journaled"...

when booting with the special disc n changing to leopard-disc nothing shows up...disk utility only mentions my optical drive