Pretty Sure Input Remapper broke my ability to log in

pleaseclosethisaccount

8 posts in this topic

I installed and used Input Remapper, and then disabled it.

Now when I try to log into Windows XP, it asks me to press ctrl+alt+delete, which I suddenly can't do anymore.

When Remapper was enabled, I was able to fn+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to log in, but that doesn't even work.

This is absolutely awful, and I need a fix for it. I don't have any other keyboards I could just plug in, so that's out.

I have a 15" MacBook Pro. Thanks in advance.

This thread has over 150 views and no one knows how to fix my problem?

Surely one of the devs thought this through when they were programming it? I have no other ways to get into my XP partition. My only other option is to reinstall XP, which is really stupid. I've literally pressed every key on my keyboard.

How do I log onto XP if Input Remapper disabled my ability to ctrl+alt+del and their reconfiguration to fn+ctrl+alt+del doesn't work? How did this program screw up my computer so bad?

I tried alt+tab at start up to make sure the log-in window was on top, but nothing happened. I know the keyboard works, because if I hit enter or spacebar a help window pops up showing me where ctrl+alt+del is (on a normal keyboard, not a MBP keyboard of course).

Still looking for an answer. There hasn't been any posts for awhile and I'm wondering if any of the devs even look at their own forums. Very disappointing.

Do you have the MacBook Pro Unibody (late 2008)?

Input remapper doesn't work con that MacBook Pro, infact I have freezes and I can't turn off the pc when I launch it.

I don't know how to help you...but try to launch Windows in Safe Mode (press f2 or f8 before the boot starts..I don't remember which key) and then remove Input remapper....

:)

Do you have the MacBook Pro Unibody (late 2008)?

Input remapper doesn't work con that MacBook Pro, infact I have freezes and I can't turn off the pc when I launch it.

I don't know how to help you...but try to launch Windows in Safe Mode (press f2 or f8 before the boot starts..I don't remember which key) and then remove Input remapper....

;)

Holy cow a reply! Haha, thanks.

No, unfortunately, I bought my MBP in August 2007. Input Remapper did "work" it's just when I disabled it did it start doing this. I've already tried starting up in safe mode but it still has the "press ctrl+alt+del" screen when I log in. Bah!

Any other ideas/ways I could bypass the ctrl+alt+del log-in?

• 4 months later...