OS X on HP TouchSmart tx2?

175 posts in this topic

ideneb install went really well, installed RadeonHD and touchscreen kext from page 6, working perfectly then I ran system update... long :) download and finally get to the point of installing updates, Reboot my tx2 and landed on blue screen ;) instead of desktop, any idea why?

EDIT: nevermind, 2nd reboot seem to get through this time, werid, on the other hand, i have no sound, i even selected Apple Azalia Audio, VoodooHDA doesn't work either.

For audio , refer this link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...5&hl=alc268

Sorry i shoud have added that, to fix the mouse, problem, you need to download "plist editor"

and edit info.plist in the radeonHD kext, and chang "hardwae cursor" to what ever it is not on now. eg. if it is set to true then change it to false and vice versa.

Thanks jupitersmoon. Now my cursor seems to be normal.

For keyboard and trackpad issue, disconnected my external keyboard and mouse during installation. And as usual selected the old Apple PS2 driver.

Whenever I shutdown or restart, It gets hung and I have to power it down by pressing the power button continously. Please help me fix this as well.

EDIT : For Keyboard issue, we need to select old Apple PS2 driver during installation as quoted by Jupitersmoon.

Thanks jupitersmoon. Now my cursor seems to be normal.

For keyboard and trackpad issue, disconnected my external keyboard and mouse during installation. And as usual selected the old Apple PS2 driver.

Whenever I shutdown or restart, It gets hung and I have to power it down by pressing the power button continously. Please help me fix this as well.

where is it hanging, do you still see your apple wallpaper? try going in to disk utility and repair permissions.

it also sounds like you might need the laptop power manager, i use the vodoo one although it tells me my battery is low sometimes, other than that it works. I've not had that problem.

one strange problem is that i dont have any trackpad gestures eg double tap, this i can tolerate, the strange part is that if i just restart and go in to windows 7, i have no trackpad gestures there either unless i power off and back on.

where is it hanging, do you still see your apple wallpaper? try going in to disk utility and repair permissions.

it also sounds like you might need the laptop power manager, i use the vodoo one although it tells me my battery is low sometimes, other than that it works. I've not had that problem.

one strange problem is that i dont have any trackpad gestures eg double tap, this i can tolerate, the strange part is that if i just restart and go in to windows 7, i have no trackpad gestures there either unless i power off and back on.

I see my apple wallpaper when it's hung.

I used Disk Utility and fixed the permissions but even after that it is stuck up during shutdown / restart.

For Power Management, I've selected Vodoo Battery Manager

:unsure:

still no sound ;) thinking it may have something to do with selection i made during setup?

This is what I did to get the sound working..

1. During Setup don't select any audio drivers.
  2. Download alc268_january08.zip
  3. Unzip alc268_january08.zip
  4. Install TarugaACL268Installer5
  5. Install AppleHDA.kext using Kext Helper
  6. Reboot
  7. Goto System Preferences -> Sound -> Output
  8. Choose Internal Speakers or Headphones as per your preference. Close it when done.
  9. Now your sound device should work for sure.

All the best...

I see my apple wallpaper when it's hung.

I used Disk Utility and fixed the permissions but even after that it is stuck up during shutdown / restart.

For Power Management, I've selected Vodoo Battery Manager

:unsure:

I think some bluetooth related stuff is responsible for this.

This is the message which I see when using verbose

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syncing disks... Killing all processes

continuing

unmount of /home failed (45)

unmount of /net failed (45)

done

CPU halted: It's now safe to turn off your computer

cmd:133->18(759)

cmd:129->48056

IOBluetoothHCIController::terminateWL .. done

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][interruptReadHandler] Received kIOReturn aborted with 1 pending interrupts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think some bluetooth related stuff is responsible for this.

This is the message which I see when using verbose

syncing disks... Killing all processes

continuing

unmount of /home failed (45)

unmount of /net failed (45)

done

CPU halted: It's now safe to turn off your computer

cmd:133->18(759)

cmd:129->48056

IOBluetoothHCIController::terminateWL .. done

E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][interruptReadHandler] Received kIOReturn aborted with 1 pending interrupts

Two thinhg I would try.

create another user account and try to reboot from that one.

and do you have the latest BIOS update. a new one just came out when windows 7 was released.

Two thinhg I would try.

create another user account and try to reboot from that one.

and do you have the latest BIOS update. a new one just came out when windows 7 was released.

I created new account. Again, no success

My BIOS version is F21, the latest one. ;)

I tried iPortable in my Core 2 Duo processor laptop (using a external HDD). It was really good. Finally, I thought of applying AMD patch and trying it in my TX2.

For the first time, I wanted to see what happens if I boot without AMD patch.

Yessss, I booted successfuly and reboot also worked perfectly. ;) But Keyboard and trackpad didn't work. Anyhow, I'm using wireless keyboard and mice. That worked fine.

I think this can be resolved by just installing the old Apple PS2 driver.

Hey Guys.

I also a proud owner of the tx2 and i read your post very carfully.

Im going to install osx on my tx2 but i didnt find a complete how to. I tried to start on the first pages but because of the updates etc. i got confused.

Perhaps anybody can write a "How to in detail" for the tx2 with the "uptodate software" because there are only old how to's on the net.

I say Thank you once already!

I to would like to know exactly how to add this to my TX2Z as well as several people at my new forum http://touchswipe.com I have put 10.5.6 on my D610 but for the life of me after several tries cannot put it on my TX2Z Please give us a complete step by step with everything gathered on this thread and whatever else it will help many

P.S. I have read the whole thing as well I have tried Ideneb 10.4,10.5 and 10.6 and all kernal panic were it should be mac music

Thanks

How to install iDeneb v1.6 Lite in TX2

1. Download iDeneb v1.6 Lite and burn it in a DVD
  2. Create a Primary Partition for Mac installation. No need to format
  3. Reboot. Press F9. Select Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive and press Enter
  4. At the Darwin/x86 boot (Chameleon v1.0.12) loader, press Enter to continue booting from the DVD drive
  5. After booting, select preferred Language and click -->
  6. Click Continue. Click Agree
  7. Click Utilities -> Disk Utility...
  8. In the left pane, select the partition in which you intend to install Mac. Note: Windows labels are not shown here. Identify volumes by the capacity shown in the bottom
  9. Goto Erase tab. Select the Voulme Format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Click Erase button
  10. Disk Utility will ask for confirmation. Click Erase again.
  11. Once done, close Disk Utility (For Windows users, hit the red button on the left top)
  12. Select the newly formated partition and click Continue.
  13. Click Customize. A window will pop up
  14. Select the following

1. iDeneb Main System
    2. iDeneb OSx86 Components 10.5.8 Ready
      1. Bootloader
        • Chameleon v2

[*]Kernel

• 9.8.0 Kernel Qoopz (or) 9.5.0 Kernel Voodoo

[*]iDeneb x86 Essential Patches

• AppleDecrypt
  • PS/2 Drivers
    • Apple PS/2 Old

[*]Drivers

1. Audio
    • AppleAzaliaAudio

[*]Network

• Wireless
    • Broadcom Wifi

[*]System Management

• VoodooBattery Manager

[*]Cleanup

[*]Click Done. Click Install. Installer will verify your disk and proceed with installation

[*]Once the installation is successful, click Restart

[*]After reboot, choose country, click Continue

[*]Select your keyboard, click Continue

[*]Click Continue again

[*]It may prompt you to enter the password to connect to your wireless network. You can enter the password and click Continue

[*]If you are prompted to enter Apple ID, just click Continue

[*]If you are prompted to enter Registration Information Click Continue. You will get a popup. Click Continue again

[*]Enter Name, Short Name, Password and Verify password. Click Continue

[*]You can take a snapshot or select a picture for your account. Click Continue

[*]If you are connected to internet either through LAN or WAN, you will get an option to try MobileMe Free. Select I don't want to... and click Continue

[*]Click Go. That's it... The installation is now complete..

How to install missing drivers

1. Download the drivers
  2. Double click the downloaded zip file. It'll unzip the folder
  3. Double click the extracted folder
  4. Double click TarugaACL268Installer5
  5. Input your password and click Ok. Once the installation is over, Click Quit
  6. Double click Kext Helper b7
  7. Drag and drop the files RadeonHD.kext and IOHIDFamily.kext into the Kext Helper application. Input your password and click Easy Install. Click Ok to confirm
  8. Once installation is over, a popup will appear, click Ok
  9. Close Kext Helper and reboot
  10. Driver installation is done!!!

How to do initial configuration

1. If your audio still seems not to be working,

[*]To change screen resolution,

1. Click Apple -> System Preferences
    2. Click Displays
    3. Select the preferred resolution
    4. Close it

Click Apple -> System Preferences
Click Sound
Go to Output tab and select Internal Speakers
Close it

CrazyMacGuy, I followed your guide, and all went really well and thanks! I just tried out latest RadeonHD kext released on 12/18 however hardware cursor is still an issue, I really hope they'll get around share memory stuff soon. Once again thank for well written instruction and you should repost as guide under tutorials section of this forum.

two questions, Which kernel do you find the most stable Qoopz or Voodoo? I'm currently using Qoopz but haven't try out Voodoo tho. Secondly my tx2 seem to run hot with Mac OS X, but when I reboot into windows 7, it produce much less heat and better battery life than I would normally get with Mac OS X

EDIT: forgot to add one more question

CrazyMacGuy, I followed your guide, and all went really well and thanks! I just tried out latest RadeonHD kext released on 12/18 however hardware cursor is still an issue, I really hope they'll get around share memory stuff soon. Once again thank for well written instruction and you should repost as guide under tutorials section of this forum.

two questions, Which kernel do you find the most stable Qoopz or Voodoo? I'm currently using Qoopz but haven't try out Voodoo tho. Secondly my tx2 seem to run hot with Mac OS X, but when I reboot into windows 7, it produce much less heat and better battery life than I would normally get with Mac OS X

EDIT: forgot to add one more question

Could you please share the link of the latest RadeonHD kext?

Intially I used Voodoo but now I'm using Qoopz.. I think Qoopz is more stable!

Yes! In Windows 7, I get more battery life and the heat produced is far less.

Could you please share the link of the latest RadeonHD kext?

Intially I used Voodoo but now I'm using Qoopz.. I think Qoopz is more stable!

Yes! In Windows 7, I get more battery life and the heat produced is far less.

I grab latest RadeonHD Kext from this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

Here's direct download link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727104/RadeonHD/R...HD10.5.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, nice work so far...

Let me give u a short feedback of what i got so far and what i would really apreciate to have in future times...

1. Im running an europe version of a HP TX2

2. ideneb 1.6 is working so far, with qoopz kernel?

3. touch isnt working at all if i touch the screen cursor jumps to the upper left corner und the menu drops in...

also the iohidfamily.kext did not help... i mentioned it to calibrate my stylus pretty good

3.1 if i touch the screen with my fingers the the left mouse klick of my trackpad isnt working until i touch the screen with my stylus then my left mouse will continue working(sometimes the right mouseklick becomes the left very strange) and then the touchscreen wont recognize any touch

4. audio did not work in my home language :)

i had to switch from german back to english to get the sound tool in the system pref to to open...(otherwise im not able to switch the output to internal speakers) when it comes to german it wont start it always says loading and does nothing.. so i only had sound with my frontjacks :D

5.the resolution with the radionhd.kext is pretty origin... but the latest one wont work only one special kext is working

6.So i would love someone to help me...

maybe someone knows how to get the scrolling with the trackpad to work (i read something about voodoops2??) and maybe someone knows why i cant open my sound tool if i am in a diffrent language then english... i use an applehd.kext an the tarugaacl...installer from a previous post

ooO an maybe hibernate || sleep ??

thx :D

Glad this thread is still alive!

im wondering anyone tried iatkos?? because thats the one i have right now

how many people got around the

wifi problem

resolution problem

sound problem?

if someone got them to work flawlessly that would be awesome, i need all 3 for work!

also what programs do you guys use on a mac?

i intend to get the iphone developement kit

photoshop

and final cut working

anyone also got the touchscreen working?

Snow Leo working well by following this guide exactly:

Snow Leo on Tx2z

Sound is kinda working - stuck at 1/2 volume and scratchy at best.

Wifi works well

Display driver from this thread works to enable 1200x800.

Mounting .dmgs works

Restart/shutdown works

Sleep does not work

Trackpad scrolls

Touch is not working. I tried IOHIDFamily.kext from this thread, but it doesn't work.

Kernel does not support on-the-fly binary patching. I tried Photo Booth - it doesn't work.

I know one can manually patch the main binaries - I've seen posts for QuickTime, iTunes. Sorry I don't have links.

iPhone SDK/ XCode works perfect. Haven't played with Interface Builder yet though.

Hello!

I did it! I had installed ideneb 1.6 lite in the same way you guys write here.

I did it on my tx2650eg!

All works fine, but...

how can i calibrate the touchscreen?

My resolution is 1200x800, it looks great! Thank you for this! But how can i calibrate the pen?

Greetings!

Boke