Asus X83VB-X1 N80 Series

sha_doh

31 posts in this topic

As far as the vga is concerned i use the HDMI as i find its much easier to use and works 100% i dont know of any way to get the video to work from the VGA out.....im researching as much as possible maybe its seen as a third output? i know FN F8 works to switch the video manually...

• 4 weeks later...
So I'm totally lost. I've got resolution switching, but for some reason NVDarwin does not enable QE/CI with that BIOS patch, and even with the stock BIOS it does not work. I've tried writing GFX strings and changing myriad kexts but I still have nothing. Any thoughts on this??

which laptop do you have apparently this method works for x83vb i have x83vm-x2 and these methos didn't enable my QE ...

then i installed ipc 10.5.6 with nvdarwin only no aquamac drivers or efi strings..

and it worked... of course i used other settings like bios fix , ach10/9, acpi fix

the modded bios disabled my hibernation sleep and wake on my windows 7

on my asus x83vm which apparently uses the same bios(and mobo)....

reflashed the bios to get the wakeup function back..

any ideas why?

anyone with the same issue.. do check it...

also which is better is terms of stability and speed the dsdt.aml patch or the bios patching..

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all, sorry to bump an old thread like this.

I am just wondering if anyone has tried this laptop with 10.6.x, and if it is working well. I have the x2 version of this laptop, and would like to install Mac on it.

Also, has all the kinks been worked out yet (such as sleep, the kernel and such)?

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

hey I am trying to install using ideneb 1.4 and when i am selecting the options i see acpi fix, and cpus =1, and nvdarwin

but i do not see the ach9 chipset.

i tried installing without using the ach9 and it wont boot, it just hangs on appledecrypt

please any help would be greatly appreciated!