S/PDIF on alc883? (5.1 Digital)

ASNNetworks

11 posts in this topic

Hi fellow mac users..

I'm trying to get the S/PDIF (Coax) working on my Asus P5N-D mobo with alc883 sound chipset...I managed to get 'Line Out' and 'Digital Out'...However I have my hack connected to S/PDIF (so digital) and I want full 5.1...Right now, it's Stereo, and I can't adjust the volumes on 'Digital Out'....

I've been searching for a loong time and tried a few alc8xx kexts, which either didn't work at all, or gave the same result...

Anyone got 5.1 through Digital (coax)?

How'd you get it to work?

In my experiences with SPDIF pass-through you loose volume control, I suppose it expects the Dolby/DTS decoder to control volume.

SPDIF passthrough mode In this mode, compressed stream is sent to SPDIF without any change. It is impossible to process compressed stream without decompression. Therefore no other filter option can work in this mode (even filter cannot display input/output levels). We cannot even change the sound volume from the computer (only receiverТs volume control works).

I found an alc883 installer on this site...The installer itself doesn't work with me, keeps hanging when almost finished...So I opened the contents, and installed 2 other installers inside it, one for analog line-in and one for digital.....I can now enjoy DTS 5.1 movies on my hackintosh an Z-5500:D (I had to use Vista for this)

Screw the volume control...I'll just use iTunes volume and Z-5500 remote:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I found an alc883 installer on this site...The installer itself doesn't work with me, keeps hanging when almost finished...So I opened the contents, and installed 2 other installers inside it, one for analog line-in and one for digital.....I can now enjoy DTS 5.1 movies on my hackintosh an Z-5500:D (I had to use Vista for this)

Screw the volume control...I'll just use iTunes volume and Z-5500 remote:)

Hello!

Please can you be more specific, what driver you used? Please can you provide a lin to the content?

Thank you for answering my private message!

I share your link here too now :unsure:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...135212&st=0

enjoy.. didnt worked for my ICH7 ALC883.

But i made codec dump under Linux, also made decimal version of this and also i made codec graph from dump, bot hex and dec version. Do download ALC883 codec dump click here.

I hope someone will help me to create appropriate Natit now.

Sorry guys, I've been very busy...So I totally forgot about this topic...

But yeah, that's the link I gave holyfield...That one works with mine..

Just make sure you set Digital to system sounds aswell..See MIDI (type MIDI in the spotlight) and put everything on Digital instead of Line-in (Analoge)

Otherwise you'll get some sounds through Line-in en others through Digital...

• 9 months later...