Studio XPS 13

digital8

222 posts in this topic

Well I'm kind of stuck on making the audio work any better without any more information (like how to get the built-in mic to work under linux or how to get the 10.5.5 version of AppleHDA to handle a system with 2 codecs).

The speakers work OK for me which is the most important part for the audio driver. Perhaps it's time to move on to the next component. Anyone have the synaptics touchpad driver working right? I've tried and only have it working as a mouse, not a touchpad, and so gestures do not work. Also it fails to work at all after the system resumes from suspend. I tried the ACPIPS2Nub kext that worked for the other dell laptops, but no change with that.

mhh i have no problem with my touchpad because i use the normal buttons all the time.....so it doesnt matter for me =/

but i really need the mic for skype =( actually not the build in will be fine for now if it will work with a normal headset

Btw my speakers doesnt work with ur uploaded drivers =( ...I was only able to get them once to work

It should ne very simple ,shouldnt it????

Download -> unrar -> install .kext's by kext helper -> reboot -> sound

@pmcnano

sry but u cant compare the "SLI" of an apple MBP with the dell because the dell uses hybridSLI(intern + 2. card) and the MBP doesn't uses normal SLI it just switchs between the 9400M and the 9600 does not uses both at the same time like the dell does

mhh i have no problem with my touchpad because i use the normal buttons all the time.....so it doesnt matter for me =/
So after suspend & resume, it still works? What about the keyboard - correct bindings for the command/option keys?
Btw my speakers doesnt work with ur uploaded drivers =( ...I was only able to get them once to work

It should ne very simple ,shouldnt it????

Download -> unrar -> install .kext's by kext helper -> reboot -> sound

Yes, should be simple. I haven't seen any troubleshooting info on this from anyone. So are the applehda and hdaenabler kexts loading at boot time? (As seen with kextstat)? hdaenabler modified entry for HDEF node in the ioregistry? (As seen with ioreg command)? /var/log/system.log shows hdaenabler loading and no errors from applehda?

u cant compare it ...the dell is build with 2 GPU's direct on the mainboard there is no real 2. graphic-card ...I think it is a kinda dedicated GPU.

BTW and IF u would be able to use only the 2. one it will be a crappy 9200M ;D so stay by ur 9400M

@bcc9

no the touchpad isnt working after sleep but I never use this feature because the whole powermanagement isnt working xD

not sure what u mean with wrong binding of the command button?

lol..dude wtf?...The 9200 its a dedicated card...9400m its integrated..what are you talking about "crappy" D:

u cant compare it ...the dell is build with 2 GPU's direct on the mainboard there is no real 2. graphic-card ...I think it is a kinda dedicated GPU.

Its not "kinda dedicated GPU" its A DEDICATED GPU and A INTEGRATED GPU.

no the touchpad isnt working after sleep but I never use this feature because the whole powermanagement isnt working xD

not sure what u mean with wrong binding of the command button?

I can suspend&resume OSX just fine, over&over, and the only thing that has a problem with that is the touchpad. So I think it'd be nice to get a working synaptics driver for it. Luckily I mostly use a wireless mouse but nevertheless this bugs me sometimes.

The command button on a mac would most logically map to the windows start button on the dell. But it doesn't; it maps to the dell's alt key. The windows start key maps to the mac option key instead. The layout for these modifier keys is the opposite on my desktop hackintosh whose keyboard *is* identified. The keyboard setup assistant fails to identify this laptop's keyboard at all.

Here is a newer version of my IOPCIFamily.kext which enables the nvidia graphics hardware acceleration to work. This newer version simplifies the pci resource allocation change, so perhaps it'll help those of you who are still having trouble with audio. The high-def audio codec is after all connected via a PCI audio controller which may not be getting set up right in the ioregistry. That is, the AZA device tree entry may not be getting attached/initialized right. Just guessing here as I haven't seen ioreg debug info from anyone who is having an audio problem.

[Edit: See newer version in replacement thread, here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161650 ]

What audio does it has again? thanks
This laptop has an nvidia HDA (High Def Audio) controller plus an IDT 92HD73C1X5 hardware codec for the mics/speakers/1/8" jacks, and an Nvidia MCP7A HDMI hardware codec for just the HDMI audio.

lol..dude wtf?...The 9200 its a dedicated card...9400m its integrated..what are you talking about "crappy" D:

Its not "kinda dedicated GPU" its A DEDICATED GPU and A INTEGRATED GPU.

what is ur problem? I only told u how I THINK it is.

and i'm not sure why u asking for using the graphic cards like they r working in a MBP if u know that the 9200 is dedicated?

@MikeSimon6

I tried this bundle ...I got a battery-icon but unf. the dell can't recognize the internal battery so it doesn't work =(

Lol...well do some research before talking.....and if you though that..i guess you dont know that...in the MBP

9400m is integrated and 9600GT is dedicated...its the same..so..

and i'm not sure why u asking for using the graphic cards like they r working in a MBP if u know that the 9200 is dedicated?

Thats what im asking ..ITS LIKE a MBP.....so I would love to having working LIKE a mbp..anyway..i should be getting my laptop tomorrow.....or maybe saturday..i hope so!

and? makes no sense ...it will need more power AND will not give u more performance ...it's only a 9200M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacBook Pro : HybridSLI (9400M OR 9600M GT)

Dell XPS 13 : GeForce Boost( 9400M OR 9500M(with is 9400M + 9200M GS) )

OH god..you really dont know how to read....I wont even answer to you..........

:(

U not even have this dell ...so i think u have no clue how the hardware is working in it!!!

...get ur dell than come back, thx

I have it right here in my hands.......Ill start installing tonight..so stfu =)! and learn to read..and btw..in your first post you said "MAC DOESNT HAVE HYBRID SLI" AND LOL:

and? makes no sense ...it will need more power AND will not give u more performance ...it's only a 9200M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacBook Pro : HybridSLI (9400M OR 9600M GT)

Dell XPS 13 : GeForce Boost( 9400M OR 9500M(with is 9400M + 9200M GS) )

Lol just reporting :P XD..it seems that audio really works when it wants to ...its weird XD......

I think i can get dual graphics working..hadnt contact a friend yet....he might help me with that.....

Having troubles finding a trackpad driver....

I think i can get dual graphics working..hadnt contact a friend yet....he might help me with that.....

wtf how shall I know what u mean if u dont know this ,neither! u r jumping in ur aims....at first 2x gc then only 2. gc and now 2x again. pff

@tha_toadman

And it isnt a sig I've only posted 2 things that I thought pmcnano didn't know.

and YES I corrected my self.

it is hybrid sli read the description on nvidia.com ....leopord can't switch between gpu's on the fly(like vista) so u have to relog but it supports hybrid sli

Lets nvm everything, we wont get to anywhere like this.....

So, yea the audio sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt, I got trackpad working (as mouse i guess?) with M1330 kexts......

I dont have shutdown, hadnt checked sleep

I will be on irc.osx86.hu #xps1340, maybe we can help each other there.

cheers

Edit: sleep-wakeup makes audio to work (if it wasnt working..)

after my 3. try(installing bcc's audio.zip) to make the audio working I was able to boot up 4 times with audio working(no mic)

to get the touchpad working u only have to install the PS2fix-package while OS-installation or after 1. boot

I got touchpad with M1330 kexts from Dell post installer thing...but its like MOUSE i dont get the trackpad menu.

About audio, I posted in my last post that audio works after waking up (trackpad doesnt though..how about with your kexts??)

Just wondering if anybody has tried any of the powermanagement/speedstep/audio tricks on this page: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83039 ?
I haven't but mostly those don't seem applicable to this model.

Also, can any one tell me if closing the display works to put it to sleep?
It does not, but the display turns off. Pressing the power button prompts the user about sleep mode, which works fine other than the touchpad, and the power button resumes the laptop from sleep. The system does also auto-sleep correctly by default.

Hm, I tried injecting both graphic cards via strings..but it doesnt seem to work, when its going to show the desktop the screen goes blank..and it hangs there, its froze since the hdd led is not blinking.

I tried also using strings for the 9400m and using injector for the 9200GS...and same result!

Cheers