ACPI / power management under OSX?

6 posts in this topic

I am going to try OSx 10.4.5 on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. Since I have a Pentium-M CPU, will OSX throttle CPU speed based on usage? Also, will I be able to suspend or set the LCD display to turn off after a certain amount of time?

Thanks.

I am going to try OSx 10.4.5 on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. Since I have a Pentium-M CPU, will OSX throttle CPU speed based on usage? Also, will I be able to suspend or set the LCD display to turn off after a certain amount of time?

Thanks.

Nope, Speedstep is not functioning correctly yet...

Thanks.

Throttle, no; suspend and set LCD to turn off, yes (well, for most people anyway. Works on my Inspiron).

Throttle, no; suspend and set LCD to turn off, yes (well, for most people anyway. Works on my Inspiron).

Darn. It's a good thing that I primarily use my laptop plugged into the AC outlet anyways. Otherwise the 100% cpu usage would drain my battery.

Darn. It's a good thing that I primarily use my laptop plugged into the AC outlet anyways. Otherwise the 100% cpu usage would drain my battery.

Mine will slow down, but not in a good way. The GUI really crawls, but I can still use word and stuff. It's not like horrible. Mine kicks off and on automatically due to bios, but the os doesn't recognize it and utilize it properly.