Mac the ripper+Toast 9+BURNING HELP!

95Shorty

6 posts in this topic

Ok here we go. I've read and read and I can not seem to find anyone having a problem like this. It seems so easy... Rip the DVD using Mac the Ripper and then Burn using a program such as Toast 9 Titanium. I ripped "my" copy of Eagle Eye using Mac the Ripper. After done rippping i open Toast 9 and select DVD.. Video_TS folder.... I try to drag my Eagle Eye Video_TS folder into Toast and it takes me to the Copy Disc Screen. I put in a blank DVDR and hit burn and it tells me that there is no data try again. If I drag the Video_TS folder in Data DVD UDF burn it will show up there. If i try to add the folder (not dragging) and it says not supported format. Em i doing something wrong?? is there something i need to know. After reading it seems so simple.

I've been having problems with MTR too. I DO love this program, really. But lately, I'm a bit disappointed.

I've done a lot of research and it seems that, what is really simple with a PC, is much more complicated with a Mac, because, due to the protections Sony have add to all its dvd's there isn't any available Ripper for Mac right now, at least for these dvd's.

I've tried everything: MTR, FairMount, erase some vob files; move them, add the folder to toast, then put them back...

sometimes one of the tricks work... not always

Is there something better out there?

Are PC's better? I don't want to live in a world like this! it's an appalling thought!

Please, help me!

Make sure you are ripping the entire DVD (not just main/ chapter / title etc.)

Then test you TS folders by opening DVD player and selecting open "File>Open DVD Media" or  + O.

Click through the menu make sure it works just like the DVD. Then import into Toast. You can also try importing different ways (sometimes this helps)

Also take a look at the folder structure of the TS_folders it should be "Movie Title>VideoTS and Audio TS" Sometimes there will be other files that interfere with the burning.

You may want to play with the compression options to. hope this helps.