I want opinions of the success rate of people...

5 posts in this topic

I want to know... out of everybody who comes to this site.. how many do you think are successful in getting Mac OS X to work and fully set up?

I'm one of those people who are successful however I wonder how many are not because initially its pretty difficult, but now that I know what to do, it shouldn't be so hard from now on.

plus, I was talking to some people and they also mentioned the term Hackintosh which, no offense, I find kind of ghetto lol

then again I'm all into IT and {censored} (which means I load all kinds of OSes, which makes me feel that just because you can load an OS doesnt mean you rename the entire computer)

but back to the question.. how many people do you think are successful?

I say most probably fail.

I bought my parts according to the HCL so I had no problems and before I built my Hackintosh (which is not renaming the computer when Macintosh is the OS :) ) i had installed it on my Toshiba laptop which the sound and network stuff didnt work but other than that its run great!

When I wrote the topic post I was mainly asking about people just trying to give it a go and install it on a computer they already have. I kind of forgot about those who build machines specifically for doing that.. but yes, I'm also referring to the people who built computers for it as well. I just came here and gave it a whirl and after much inconvenience and slight frustration, I got it right and it was just by pure coincidence that all my hardware had drivers.

I had this computer before Apple even started moving towards Intel. Also, I find that when people use the term Hackintosh, they are referring to a machine that was custom put together and can run Mac OS X. So in my eyes they are referring to the entire computer.

However, I'm still interested in hearing peoples results and enjoy hearing everybody's opinion on the subject.

well I´ve tried to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on HP nx 9420, installation went OK (first time, at some point installation stopped, for some reason, so i had to do it all over again)..

but after instalation was done, and OSX booted, graphics is stuck on 1024x768, no sound, USB is kinda buggy (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt), wi-fi donesnt work, and i have a feelling computer is overheating, or heating more that when its running XP/Vista..

I have been a power user of OSX for about 8 years. Meaning that I use it for 3D modeling, product design, and other general design related uses. I have purchased Macs for some time, but have lately felt that my hard earned money was better spent on a system of my own building, than the offerings that apple has to offer. I will still spend money on things that I could obviously not create such as an iphone or other portable hardware. That being said, I set out to build a "Hackintosh" to run only OSX. I had my nervous moments of anxiety, but it did not take more than a couple of days for me to get everything going pretty good. Over extended time I have gotten my system running as good as I would ever expect a "Mac" to run, and I am only waiting to see what the next release of Chameleon holds for us.

Count Me in for SUCCESS!!!