[How To] Intel DG35EC Guide

slipttees

204 posts in this topic

Ok so I tried to install XP on my Hackintosh to update to the latest BIOS but whenever I boot off the install disc I get the message "Setup is configuring your hardware" then the screen goes black and doesn't do anything. I've tried making a Bootable BIOS update USB stick on another PC but it hasn't worked.

ODD is on SATA2

Ok so I tried to install XP on my Hackintosh to update to the latest BIOS but whenever I boot off the install disc I get the message "Setup is configuring your hardware" then the screen goes black and doesn't do anything. I've tried making a Bootable BIOS update USB stick on another PC but it hasn't worked.

ODD is on SATA2

winxp wont work in ahci ! change HDD to IDE and try install winxp again, update u bios..vaiola ^^

slipttess

I have a question:

In your instal guide you ask to put the kexts/... into the E/E, after that you umount EFI and used the Intel DG35EC.pkg and Kext Utility to repair permissions. However I read in the folder "Kext Extensions" that

"put this kexts on EFI volume

-> /System/Library/Extensions

use Kext Utility in App folder to repair permissions ^^

Or install DG35EC.pkg"

What should I do? I need to put the kext into the E/E and instal the DG35EC.pkg ???? Or only put the kext into the E/E?

Sorry my poor english….

tks

Hey okay, got everything working! Snow Leopard, ODD everything! Just one quick question, in System profiler it shows that I have 128MB of Vram (I have an NVidia 8600GT) but when I go to install Final Cut Studio it says I have 0mb of Vram and I need 128MB. I have NVinject, NVenabler and Natit installed. Do you have any idea what I should do?

btw: thanks for everything 8)

In com.apple.Boot.plist add

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Or

Try Efistring

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>INSERT EFI STRING HERE</string>

Same error

This :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Was already in com.apple.boot.plist so I added this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>INSERT EFI STRING HERE</string>

I got the EFI string from OSx86Tools - They didn't have my card with 128MB VRam, they only had the 8600GT with 256MB VRam, is that why it's not working?

• 2 weeks later...

Slipttees,

I get finished the SL install in my PC, but I have a two problems:

- CDboot it gave error, however, I used the CDboot made by Carlos (www.hmbt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=4962) , later that I installed the SL I continued its guide.

- My PC this working with one high-temperature (70 ºC), I tried some tips given for the Maldon, but I continue keeping the same temperature. Did you have this problem? How he could correct this?

Slipttees,

I get finished the SL install in my PC, but I have a two problems:

- CDboot it gave error, however, I used the CDboot made by Carlos (www.hmbt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=4962) , later that I installed the SL I continued its guide.

- My PC this working with one high-temperature (70 ºC), I tried some tips given for the Maldon, but I continue keeping the same temperature. Did you have this problem? How he could correct this?

you're using the native power management?

LPC is loaded?

kextstat | grep LPC

you're using the native power management?

LPC is loaded?

kextstat | grep LPC

Maldon,

I am ratosturbo of forum HMBT

How I know that the LPC loaded?

About de native power management, I am using the RC5, for what I read, it already I come with NPM, or not?

A AppleLPC nao está carregada

Vc precisa resolver isso, se quiser faça o upload do seu DSDT

delete a VoodooPState tb

rode esse comando no terminal que vai gerar um dsdt.aml na pasta de usuário

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read back and saw mald0n's post with the link to how to use the dsdt editor. this makes me curious, do i need to do this separately on each machine's dsdt, or will simply making 1 for dg35ec work? also, I would like to know if your dg35ec package installs the bootloader, which kexts it uses, where, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I can't seem to fix "halt" with the usage of dsdt in DG35EC. "Restart" and "sleep" are currently fixed with dsdt patcher and working.

I looked into the dsdt that And21 give to MaLd0n, and added:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
   {
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (Zero, SLPE)
           Sleep (0x10)
       }
       Else
       {
           \_SB.PCI0.PEX0.XPM1 (Zero)
           \_SB.PCI0.PEX1.XPM1 (Zero)
           \_SB.PCI0.PEX2.XPM1 (Zero)
           \_SB.PCI0.PEX3.XPM1 (Zero)
           \_SB.PCI0.PEX4.XPM1 (Zero)
           \_SB.PCI0.PEX5.XPM1 (Zero)
           \_SB.PCI0.PEGP.XPM1 (0x08)
           While (PXGS)
           {
               Store (One, PXGS)
           }
           \_SB.PCI0.LPC.PTS (Arg0)
       }
   }

and

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, One)
   Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
           ,   4, 
       SLPE,   1
   }

to fix it.

However, it didn't work as expected. After pressing "shutting down", a blue screen with written indications to turn the power off is shown, but after doing it and turning my pc on again, booting stay hanged at mac logo. After one restart more i can boot correctly into mac os.

I found that this piece of dst code is from a gigabyte motherboard, so i think that maybe some value is wrong.

In this post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192518&st=960&p=1365642entry1365642) is suggested that Address 0x430 is PMBASE+30h.

Can somebody help me to fix this?

This and native speedstepping are the two things i have left to have a completely functional mac os.

Thanks!

My system is:

Intel DG35EC (FakeSMC.kext, Custom DSDT)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz

4GB DDR2 RAM

HDD SATA2 WD Blue 640GB

HDD SATA2 Samsung 320GB

MSI GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR3 (native support, Graphics Enabler = Yes)

D-Link G520 (Atheros, using AtherosFix.kext)

CRS Bluetooth (native support)

Card reader (using AnyCardReader.kext to enable native 10.6.5 icons)

ODD SATA DVD-R

ODD IDE DVD-R

I can't seem to fix "halt" with the usage of dsdt in DG35EC. "Restart" and "sleep" are currently fixed with dsdt patcher and working.

However, it didn't work as expected. After pressing "shutting down", a blue screen with written indications to turn the power off is shown, but after doing it and turning my pc on again, booting stay hanged at mac logo. After one restart more i can boot correctly into mac os.

I found that this piece of dst code is from a gigabyte motherboard, so i think that maybe some value is wrong.

In this post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192518&st=960&p=1365642entry1365642) is suggested that Address 0x430 is PMBASE+30h.

Can somebody help me to fix this?

This and native speedstepping are the two things i have left to have a completely functional mac os.

After a little research i found that the values were correct. The address for intel DG35EC is 0x430.

As said before address 0x0430 is motherboard specific, it is PMBASE+30h. Address of PMBASE is defined in FACP, on most boards it can also be checked from processor definitions.

For example I have this in my dsdt (DG35EC):

Processor (CPU0, 0x00, [b][u]0x00000410[/u][/b], 0x06)

Here 0x00000410 is referring to PMBASE+10h so I use 0x430 on an Intel DG35EC board.

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, [b][u]0x0430[/u][/b], 0x13)

Another example, on a MSI board's dsdt it's different:

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06)

So in MSI shutdown code I must use this:

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0830, 0x13)

I don't know why it didn't work the first times, but now halt reboot and sleep are working 100% with the code i post earlier.

Additionally, i add native speedstepping with chameleon rc5 autogenerated c and p states.

Thanks for this great guide, i have now a full mac os system.

My system is:

BOOT Chameleon RC5 (With autogenerated c-states and p-steps)

MB Intel DG35EC (FakeSMC.kext, Custom DSDT)

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz (Speedstepping enabled with Chameleon)

RAM 4GB DDR2

HDD SATA2 WD Blue 640GB and SATA2 Samsung 320GB

GFX MSI GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR3 (native support throught chameleon, Graphics Enabler = Yes)

WIFI D-Link G520 (Atheros, using AtherosFix.kext)

USB External CRS Bluetooth (native support)

USB Internal Card reader (using AnyCardReader.kext to enable native 10.6.5 icons)

ODD SATA DVD-R and IDE DVD-R

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi slipttees. I have a dg35ec with a nvidia 7300gt. When i install 10.6.6 or 10.6.3 retail, following your guide, the machine hangs when vga video screen begins. If I install 10.6.0, works fine until I upgrade to 10.6.3 ( kernel Panic). Any Idea what´s wrong? . I,m following your guides since 10.5.3. Thank you very much for your time.

• 2 months later...

I'm not being able to install it on DG35EC. I don't know what is happening, any ideas?

I'm using bootcd.iso (from the first post), my bios is updated, and I am using MAC OS 10.6.3 reail. My system is:

DG35EC

8400 GT 512

SATA drives [1 TB HD]

bios settings seems to correct (HPET, AHCI, etc)

Below is the screen where the boot frozen:

errorju.jpg