ideneb v1.3 admin/password problem

EviLjuice

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

My fist post.. and guess what.. it's a problem.

anyways.. started of by installing kalyway_leo_10.5.1 on my asus p5w deluxe system.. got it running, but really slow..

I found the ideneb v1.3 and istalled that one over the old one and everything is running smooth so far.

exept for one thing.. i cant install anything new cause i'm not signed in as admin anymore..

what to do!?!?

any help is more then welcome.

Cheers!!

I did this abnd help me to solve the problem (Taken from other post)

The standard admin account for OSX (and any linux system btw) is "root". You have to login as that and reset your settings there, like this:

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

• 4 months later...

Big Thanks for the Above Post, :P took a bit of trying but i managed to get the Password to reset finally from the root# prompt at startup!!! :)

Was a close call I tried running the 10.5.5 combo update which crashed halfway :( , but thank the Gods I had Burned IDENEB 10.5.5 to a DVD and then installed over my now crashed 10.5.3 Version! :D

A couple of bugs to fix still like shutdown etc etc, but hey she is going!!! :D

Next Up BUILD an I7 cpu HACK-PRO and Kick some ass in Logic with that Beast! ;)