ExpressCard™/54 slot

izernet

9 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone got a working express card slot?

I installed a PCI-E to Express card 54 adapter but my system doesn't recognize a Sony SXS card. Even after installing the Sony drivers.

The adapter itself has barely any electronics on it. So I think it just rewires the PCI-E slot.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone got a working express card slot?

I installed a PCI-E to Express card 54 adapter but my system doesn't recognize a Sony SXS card. Even after installing the Sony drivers.

The adapter itself has barely any electronics on it. So I think it just rewires the PCI-E slot.

it works on my acer aspire 8930 with xdcam transfer 2.1 and sxs drivers BUT i have to put the sxs before i boot osx and hot plug doesn't work (unlike vista in the same computer)

since i backup sxs raw data (BPAV folder) in vista during shootings and use xdcam transfer via final cut in a second time i didn't try to find out the reason of not working hotplug.

if someone passing by this topic have an idea .... :rolleyes:

.klim.

• 8 months later...
it works on my acer aspire 8930 with xdcam transfer 2.1 and sxs drivers BUT i have to put the sxs before i boot osx and hot plug doesn't work (unlike vista in the same computer)

since i backup sxs raw data (BPAV folder) in vista during shootings and use xdcam transfer via final cut in a second time i didn't try to find out the reason of not working hotplug.

if someone passing by this topic have an idea .... :whistle:

.klim.

I have a Sony VAIO NR-Series Laptop with ExpressCard slot - not recognised in system profilier on my iATKOS 10.5.7 install.. NEED to get it working, people! Klim could you post your drivers up? Also Seye.. even if they didn't work for you, they may for me. I don't any of the kexts to get this thing working (to be honest I haven't tried sticking anything in it yet but if the System Profiler doesn't recognise it I'm pretty sure that's a definite no go. THANKS :D

for the slot himself i don't use any additional driver (i have a express firewire card that works, but i have to insert before power on)

but , for xdcam cards you must install the mac SxS drivers from sony freely available here :

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/ShowConten...rveContext=true

and don't forget to update your final cut pro and xdcam transfer to get xdcam drivers...

hope that helps...

for the slot himself i don't use any additional driver (i have a express firewire card that works, but i have to insert before power on)

but , for xdcam cards you must install the mac SxS drivers from sony freely available here :

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/ShowConten...rveContext=true

and don't forget to update your final cut pro and xdcam transfer to get xdcam drivers...

hope that helps...

So you're saying that your ExpressCard slot works Plug n Play when u stick firewire card into it? What I'm wondering is will it work with a soundcard stuck into it? (Eg Soundblaster Audigy).

And when you talk of xd cam cards you mean the memory card slot, yes? (I have 2, one for memory stick only, the other for SD/MMC only - I don't care about the MS but would be great to get the SD/MMC one working)

Thanks for yr help ;)

no , in all cases i have to put any express card in slot BEFORE powering and booting on mac os x

on windows , hot swap is working well

i didn't spoke about memory card in sdhc slot but SxS cards that are in fact an express card/34 format and used in sony EX1/EX3 camcorders

but i can mention that my sdhc slot have the same behaviour , as i have to put sdcard before booting mac os to be mounted and hotswap don't work (the voodoo sdhc kext have no effects , even if device ids are correctly set)

no , in all cases i have to put any express card in slot BEFORE powering and booting on mac os x

on windows , hot swap is working well

i didn't spoke about memory card in sdhc slot but SxS cards that are in fact an express card/34 format and used in sony EX1/EX3 camcorders

but i can mention that my sdhc slot have the same behaviour , as i have to put sdcard before booting mac os to be mounted and hotswap don't work (the voodoo sdhc kext have no effects , even if device ids are correctly set)

Hey that's cool though if your SD card slot is working, even if you have to put the card in before you boot. And I'm guessing also from some other threads on Expresscard slot that it will work on OSX86 but may need to be inserted before boot like you say. I reckon then that an Expresscard soundcard will work too (any proof? I have no sound in, only out, annoying for Skype, also Logic Pro etc). I will test my SD. Thanks man