Dell Wireless 365/370/410 Bluetooth

Boombeng

83 posts in this topic

So then it seems you don't have the bluetooth device powered up. Is the wi-fi hotkey above F7 dim/off? It should be fully lit. Check also that you have the wi-fi key set to enable 802.11&PAN (PAN=bluetooth) in BIOS.

The key is lit, and PAN is enabled in the bios

The key is lit, and PAN is enabled in the bios
So I suspect either 1) you have a base model of 1340 with no bluetooth (why don't you just lift the cover and check or check your invoice?), or 2) you used old bios that had a bug with that bios setting and upgraded to a newer bios with the PAN turned off (at which point you apparently can't turn it back on without reverting the bios). See here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2622

Can confirm it works on my Dell Latitude E6500 with a Dell 370 Bluetooth card! Running 10.6 in 32bit kernel.
Good to see a positive result; seeing a lot of simple "doesn't work" posts around here lately :D

Should work as a 64bit driver as well, though I'm stuck at 32bit because of the atheros drivers.

Yeah I am stuck in 32bit as well in order to get my trackpad to work, will switch to 64 when most people have recompiled their drivers to 64bit.

One little annoying this I noticed, every time the system starts up a window pops up saying a new network interface has been detected (Bluetooth DUN), do you want to configure it. Not sure if it is possible to only show this message the first time it is installed or not? If you chose yes then it opens the network preferences, but the bluetooth doesn't show up there, only in my menu bar. Is that normal?

Edit: Sorry me being stupid, if you Add a new Bluetooth interface to the Network Preferences then the message will stop appearing each time the kext is loaded.

So I suspect either 1) you have a base model of 1340 with no bluetooth (why don't you just lift the cover and check or check your invoice?), or 2) you used old bios that had a bug with that bios setting and upgraded to a newer bios with the PAN turned off (at which point you apparently can't turn it back on without reverting the bios). See here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2622

My system came with the A07 bios, would it be possible for me to have this problem if I did not upgrade it? I really appreciate all of your help!

My system came with the A07 bios, would it be possible for me to have this problem if I did not upgrade it? I really appreciate all of your help!
No, I don't believe so. So do you have a bluetooth card or not? Dell ships the 1340 with windows or linux installed so it doens't make sense that you can't verify whether you have working bluetooth with the shipped OS.

HI i installed the driver and they are loaded but my BT is still not working =/ .

i checked the Info.plist and the vendor and product id seems to be correct.

Profiler:

BCM2046B1:

Produkt-ID: 0x4500

Hersteller-ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)

Version: 1.00

Geschwindigkeit: Bis zu 12 MBit/s

Hersteller: Broadcom

Standort-ID: 0x04400000

Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA): 500

Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 94

Composite-Gerät:

Produkt-ID: 0x8157

Hersteller-ID: 0x413c (Dell Inc.)

Standort-ID: 0x04410000

Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 2

Composite-Gerät:

Produkt-ID: 0x8158

Hersteller-ID: 0x413c (Dell Inc.)

Standort-ID: 0x04420000

Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): Unbekannt (Gerät wurde nicht konfiguriert)

just want to share my experience with this bluetooth and dell latitude e6400.

The files in this thread worked perfectly for me. I have a dual boot machine with vista and found that disabling the bluetooth in vista (via control panel -> bluetooth device -> bluetooth settings -> options tab) caused the bluetooth not to show up in OSX. Enabling it in vista, made the bluetooth show in OSX.

HI i installed the driver and they are loaded but my BT is still not working =/ .
you see "DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request succeeded" printed out at boot time when you boot with -v?

And the device is showing up under system profiler->bluetooth?

no unfortunately it fails =( do i need to install more than your BT .kext?

LOG:

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: OSX version 1.1: supporting Dell bluetooth devices only

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: by bcc9@insanelymac.com <bcc24x7@gmail.com>

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: write_command: failed with System: 0038, subSystem 0001, code: 004f.

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request failed

The files in this thread worked perfectly for me. I have a dual boot machine with vista and found that disabling the bluetooth in vista (via control panel -> bluetooth device -> bluetooth settings -> options tab) caused the bluetooth not to show up in OSX. Enabling it in vista, made the bluetooth show in OSX.
Yes, disabling the PAN (bluetooth) radio via BIOS or Dell's quickset plug-in in the control panel would have the same effect, that being to make bluetooth unavailable.

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: write_command: failed with System: 0038, subSystem 0001, code: 004f.

Sep 2 23:13:26 localhost kernel[0]: DellBluetoothHCI: Bluetooth HCI configuration request failed

Do you get the same error when you manually run hid2hci from the terminal?

Okay now this little tool isnt failing anymore ...but it still doesnt show up under profiler -> bluetooth =/

And you have bluetooth enabled in bios, and the radio hotkey light is lit, and you haven't replaced the broadcom drivers or modified their info.plists?

I give up.

can someone maybe upload the related .kext file from a system which is recognising the BT device?...i have setupped my system 5 month ago maybe i messed something up and now i can't remember ;D

\

BTW i'm not using chameleon bootloader could this be a problem?

Here is a newer version of hid2hci. With this version, you can switch back&forth between HID mode and HCI mode. I've found that occasionally my bluetooth mouse seems to time out when trying to connect and I'm able to switch back to HID then back to HCI to correct things:

hid2hci -r hid
verify that the mouse no longer works because we're in HID mode, then
hid2hci -r hci
verify that the mouse works after a second or two

Use hid2hci --help to see all the switches (I made them compatible with the current bluez version of hid2hci)

hid2hci.1.1.zip

hid2hci.1.1.src.zip