Speakers work, Headphones and mic do not...

wtfrara

21 posts in this topic

I've searched for a long time to find this same issue, but haven't found anything. I have an HP dv2000t (the dv2100 CTO to be specific) with an intel sound card (I think?) the device ID is 0x103C30B2 and the Audio ID is 34. I can get sound from the on board speakers, but nothing from the headphone jacks. The on board mic doesn't work either but not really necessary. Can anyone point me to a fix?

• 2 months later...
I am using a Compaq v3018tu laptop and I am having the same problem with iDeneb 1.3 (OS X Leopard 10.5.5). My sound card's device id is 0x103C30B2 and Audio id is 12.

Is there anything I can do to make the headphone jack work? Thanks.

Ok there is so many people with this problem . no one is ganna help unless u start helping urself.

i know a little so i'll give u guys a head start so u can find ur way . inside the sound forum where the stickies are u can find threads about patching the appleHDA.kext . and this is exactly what we need . i have the same problem . my card is conexant 221 HD and apple recognizes the device ID only. the speakers work cus we are using azila package . and that is for output sound only and it's not complete.

so what we need to do is to follow the instructions on how to patch the appleHDA.kext .

how do we do that .

you'll get the appleHDA.kext from the forum. and you'll get hexedit_220.dmg and install it. you'll need to insert the right vender ID inside AppleHDA.kext/contents/MacOS/AppleHDA. you open the appleHDA with and flip your vender id numbers the same way instructed inside how to patch your applhda.

Note: you must get ur codec_dump.txt from linux so you'll have all the information needed avaible.

these are the threads we can use to do this .

1.this is for the IDT card . they had nothing no sound or anything wat so ever and they patched the applehda now they got everything working .

InsanelyMac Forum -> Replying in Speakers work, Headphones and mic do not...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132495

2. this is a very good instruction on how to do it also .

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127227

3. we also need to know how to do this.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137188

and this is a what to do to the pinconfig

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127819

everything you need is inside those links . programs to edit and informations enough to build a rockit.

I have HP pavilion dv2700 with conexant 221 HD sound card.

this is my card information from system profile .

Device ID: 0x103C30CD

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

this is my codec dump if anyone needs it and have the same laptop, and same sound card.

that's it for now . you guys should work on your card and patch the applehda . keep in touch so we can find out a way.

_codec_dump_.txt

I tried patching AppleHDA.kext but, it doesn't seem to work for me. Once I remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, I don't get sound at all, no output or input. Probably I didn't do it correctly. I am back to AzaliaAudio for now.

I am using Compaq Presario V3018TU and here's my card's info using Kubuntu 8.04.

Codec: Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki)

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x14f15047

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30b2

Revision Id: 0x100000

The full codec dump file is attached below.

codec_0x14f15047.txt

I tried patching AppleHDA.kext but, it doesn't seem to work for me. Once I remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, I don't get sound at all, no output or input. Probably I didn't do it correctly. I am back to AzaliaAudio for now.

I am using Compaq Presario V3018TU and here's my card's info using Kubuntu 8.04.

Codec: Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki)

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x14f15047

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30b2

Revision Id: 0x100000

The full codec dump file is attached below.

here try this ... remove azila and use kexthelper install both applehda.kext and applehdaenabler.kext . drop them inside kexthelper put ur password and click on advanced than click on make script and than run. than restart u should get sound . and headphone working probably mic too. mic didn't work for me if it works for u good if it doesn't try to learn more about it and put the right information inside.

plus u need ur pin config from vista u have to biteflip them and put them in applehdacontroller.kext. u can read about that it's in the sticky.

AppleHDA.zip

Really thanks for helping me here. I installed your AppleHDA.kext using kext_helper_b7. The script ran fine and I rebooted the computer as directed by the program. Unlike my previous attempts which I had done on my own, there were no kext related errors at startup. However, there was no audio icon on the taskbar again. I checked under System Preferences >> Sound and there was no audio input or no audio output.

There's one difference in System Profiler though. Instead of seeing only this

Device ID:	0x103C30B2
 Audio ID:	12

Now, I see this

Intel High Definition Audio:
 Available Devices:
 Speaker:
 Connection:	Unknown

Do I need to try patching this AppleHDA.kext too by searching and replacing the flipped device ids before installing it? Thanks again for your help. I couldn't have come this far without it.

Manish

Really thanks for helping me here. I installed your AppleHDA.kext using kext_helper_b7. The script ran fine and I rebooted the computer as directed by the program. Unlike my previous attempts which I had done on my own, there were no kext related errors at startup. However, there was no audio icon on the taskbar again. I checked under System Preferences >> Sound and there was no audio input or no audio output.

There's one difference in System Profiler though. Instead of seeing only this

Now, I see this

Intel High Definition Audio:
 Available Devices:
 Speaker:
 Connection:	Unknown

Do I need to try patching this AppleHDA.kext too by searching and replacing the flipped device ids before installing it? Thanks again for your help. I couldn't have come this far without it.

Manish

yes any sound card will work if the applehda.kext is patched properly . but patching it is not easy and it takes work.

if your lucky and your sound card codec information are a bit similar to this applehda that i posted . than all u need to do is find ur correct vender id . not device id. the device id in ur information is not needed. so wat u need is a codec dump . and u can get that through linux u can search on how to make codec dump from linux it's easy but u need to install linux and install the driver for ur sound card in linux and than do the codec dump and save it.

a side from all that . try going to vista or xp whatever Microsoft OS u have. click start menu , right click on my computer go to properties and than device manager. look inside device manager for ur sound card and find the vender Id which is VEN . Mine was 505114f1 which in mac is 0x14f15051 . so find urs .

once u found that . if it's different than mine than u must use hexedit . u can get it from the links i posted above. right click on applehda.kext/content/MacOS/applehda open apple hda with hexedit. than from the menu click on find . and than search for my VEN ID which is in this case it's flipped 5150f114 once u found that number inside hexedit , there is another box for u to type ur VEN ID and replace Mine. So whatever ur VEN ID is flip it .

note: there are two 5150f114 inside applehda replace both with urs.

example: 14f15051 becomes 5150f114 .

once done close and save it.

ur not done here.

go to applehda/content/Plugins/applehdacontroller.kext/content/

to edit info.plist u should use the program provided here. name is property list editor.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127227

inside applehdacontroller.kext info.plist you'll find CodecID . that's where u'll put ur VEN but this time In decimal. how u do that u'll use the calc change the calc to programing calc and click on the little button hex and put ur DEV number . Example. mine is 0x14f15051 when i click on the little botton dec it will be this 351359057 . so u put that number inside CodecID , than comes the second part right under CodecID is the Configdata .

the Configdata are the verbs of ur sound card . u must use this guid http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137188 to know where to get them from .

once u got that . u past it inside Configdata.

close it save it

finally go back to applehda.kext/content/info.plist,,, open info.plist and look for CodecID , put the same decimal number you got from the conversion of ur VEN ID to decimal. save and close.

now install again using kexthelper and cross ur fingers.

if you got nothing detected . that means you have to go through editing the applehda.kext/content/info.plist

u must edit the info.plist and put the right NodeIDs for ur sound card. and to do that u need the codec dump for ur sound card from linux. and this guid which i posted it already applehda/content/Plugins/applehdacontroller.kext/content/.

what u'll be editing inside this info.plist is the pathmap and u have to plug in the right numbers for ur input and than output and mic. so good luck for that.

hope this is helpful.

hi my card is :

UAA VEN = 8086

DEV = 284B

sound max VEN = 11D4

DEV = 1981

i'm using azaliaADI1981 v3 but not line out no mic this is my dump file .... any help plz

the only help u get is . the instruction provided for u. in here and on the sticky u can read about how to patch applehda.kext since u do have ur codec dump . so follow up the instruction and try see if u can get sound with applehda.kext .

try putting ur vendor Id inside applehda and see if u get ur mute light turn on or get sound out . you may not get out put or input yet.

try the pinconfig trick after that. than try finding NodeIDs from ur codec and follow the instruction from madtuxx inside how to patch applehda. and see how u can Put ur NodeID's inside the pathmap inside info.plist of applehda.

i hope u get what i'm saying here.

i looked at ur node numbers they are different than the ones provided in the applehda i posted. but ur codec dump structure looks like my codec dump structure . so all u need to do i guess is change My nodeIDs with yours. but u'll do that after u put ur vendor ID inside applehda using hexedite.

read about it.

Computer Type: Laptop

Sound Card Vendor: Conexant

Sound Card Model: CX20549 (Venice)

Vendor Id: 0x14f15045

This is my Linux codec dump

Thx.

M'n'M

you have to follow the instructions i gave in my posts and the links i put . these links u can find also on sticky.

i can't patch applehda.kext for u cus i don't have ur sound card so i can't keep testing . but i'm sure 100% that if u work on it u'll get it to work. but of course it's not easy. so it's either you or someone who has the same card as urs who's willing to work on it will get the applehda.kext patched for ur card.

i looked at ur codec dump and i'm sure it'll work with applehda. so give it a try and read about it.

sorry that i can't patch it , if i had the same card i would keep on trying. mine is conexant HD 221 vendorID 0x14f15051 and it's working fine now with this applehda.

i have the internal speakers and headphone and internal mic working . no mute and external mic yet.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

you have to follow the instructions i gave in my posts and the links i put . these links u can find also on sticky.

i can't patch applehda.kext for u cus i don't have ur sound card so i can't keep testing . but i'm sure 100% that if u work on it u'll get it to work. but of course it's not easy. so it's either you or someone who has the same card as urs who's willing to work on it will get the applehda.kext patched for ur card.

i looked at ur codec dump and i'm sure it'll work with applehda. so give it a try and read about it.

sorry that i can't patch it , if i had the same card i would keep on trying. mine is conexant HD 221 vendorID 0x14f15051 and it's working fine now with this applehda.

i have the internal speakers and headphone and internal mic working . no mute and external mic yet.

Only one word: thanks.

I'll try.

M'n'M

Ok, i have tried but i haven't sound.

I have patched AppleHDA whit your istructions, installed it and HDAEnabler whit Kexthelper but i have only one thing, my info about sound was:

primaqf6.th.png

Now they are:

dopoto5.th.png

What do you think about it ?

Thx for all.

Byez.

M'n'M