world of waracraft runs but graphics are corrupt

Vicki

10 posts in this topic

i have managed to get world of warcraft running. and after downloading all the patches i loaded it up for the first time and have corrupt parts in the graphics on the screen

i am using ideneb 1.3 leopard 10.5.5. i have a nvidia 8800gts 640mb graphics card. using the latest nvinject 0.2.1 and it was set to install nvidia nv inject 0.2.1 then my 640mb for my graphics card.

i am not sure why i am getting this corruptions with the game

is there any one experience this problem and if so does any one know of a fix for this ?

Hi Vicki!

Could you take a screenshot and post it? I'm running iDeneb 1.3 and have an eVGA 8800GT (700 something MB), and I don't notice any corrupt graphics. I have noticed that some of the spell effects look different when compared to Vista. For instance, the Seed of Corruption spell effect in Vista fills the screen but is hardly noticeable when running WoW on Mac OS.

Are the corrupt graphics consistent across resolutions? Do you have any other games that run in Mac and use OpenGL to check if its something to do with your WoW install or a system problem?

example

when playing wow i look at the map on the right hand side and i get clear map then i move and i get map with multi colored blocks all threw it,

when i load wow up and go to the main screen i have to revert to default settings and i get lines of color blocked ever where then once i have set back to default then i can play and i notice dissertation when using spells.

i screwed over my installation at the weekend of ideneb so will have to reinstall and re downlaod everything again.

as soon as i can will get screen sots takeing

i am running 8800gts 640mb + 22 inch monitor

football manager is fine, what other open gl games in mac can i try ?

wow is the only game that i play really but if you can throw some games at me might see if i have then and will give them a try.

then go back and try wow again after downlaoding it over the next few days, new i should b

after downloading patches for two days here is the pictures i get on wow after my login for my character.

i can apply and change setting then after that the blockyness goes away  then notice it again on the map and the spells for killing things

can any one help

i hve two other files that are 2.4 / 2.1 wil link them to here soon

too seee  the image below in full http://i38.tinypic.com/10wk4ef.png

10wk4ef.png

to see the image in full below http://i37.tinypic.com/20jo8xj.png

20jo8xj.png

post-309191-1226491225_thumb.png

post-309191-1226492018_thumb.png

I'm having this same issue. Can anyone else confirm that this is a multi-core issue? I'm running with cpus=1 right now for the sake of keeping my network connected and stable.

My OSX86 machine specs:

eVGA 680i

Intel q6600

2gb 667mHz ram

eVGA 8800GTS 640mb

I'll be working toward networking stability with all four cores enabled over the next few days, but in the meantime, it'd be great to have some confirmation that this is the issue.