the limit of 32 tracks in pro tools

Tank

38 posts in this topic

I never told you to go eleswhere. Besides, so what if you had this subforum created. Does that make you any better then anyone eles or even me? Weather you had the forum created or not does not impress in the least. You should have just had a LOGIC forum created if you are such a respected individual.

So anyone who DOESN'T use logic isn't a perfectionist and second rate? If that's the case - Man, you you be any more arrogrant? Another thing, if you are SOOOO good and better then me and have your OWN production company and people working for you then why are you in school? The way you put yourself up on that high horse of yours you should be teaching and not being tought.

Which by the way is no longer on the site you post mentioned. Keeping up well with your stuff eh? lol and as a nuendo user, that agian, doesn't impress me none-the-least.

So anyone eles that has a different creative process then yours is benesth you?? I don't have to have complete silence and isolation to be creative. When an idea comes it comes. Actually, more ideas come to me when I'm interacting with people. So if you think that every musician/engineer has to be like you, then your in for a BIG disapointment.

Lol. I'm a student at UNI in the UK for a start....which makes me 21.

And my point was....you were implying that i shouldn't post here so i was saying i just helped it get created so i have just as much right to express an opinion as you.

I was saying with working environments-you seem to spend all your time posting here so how can you get any work done? not that my working method is the only way around. I don't think anyone has to be like me, and im not arrogant so leave that out too... You seem to have completely missed everything that i was trying to say and im sorry for that. Im not going to be petty so sorry about that too, and i think that posting up sesame street links is a bit inappropriate, dont you?

Like i said before, this community would work much better if petty arguments like this didnt occur, so i'm also sorry to anyone who's reading this expecting a valid point on the topic...

-JD-

Lol. I'm a student at UNI in the UK for a start....which makes me 21.

Okay so.................. that means what? I'm 30

And my point was....you were implying that i shouldn't post here so i was saying i just helped it get created so i have just as much right to express an opinion as you.

I never implied that. Sorry if you think I did.

I was saying with working environments-you seem to spend all your time posting here so how can you get any work done?

First of all, I said I just finished a project. Secondly I don't work ALL the time... I take breaks and such. And finally It's 5:30 over hear now... you think I work around the clock?? LOL Plus I'm great at what I do so that has to play a significant role in there someplace.

You seem to have completely missed everything that i was trying to say and im sorry for that.

Okay so care to enlighen me on exactly what you're trying to say and maybe we can meet on common gound someplace eh? what do ya say pal?

and i think that posting up sesame street links is a bit inappropriate, dont you?

Maybe, but LOL I thought it was funny as hell

Like i said before, this community would work much better if petty arguments like this didnt occur, so i'm also sorry to anyone who's reading this expecting a valid point on the topic...

Yeah I'm sorry too... If any of you want REAL audio forums to find answers and not just catered to LOGIC, then PM me and I'll be glad to provide you with links.

What a flamming war! Personally, I use Pro Tools. I own an 001 and it is the only reason I still use my Windows partition (I refuse to upgrade, Avid has gotten enough of my money).

If you like Logic, that's awesome, use it. Apple tried to reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken, but if you like it, then use it. I can tell you that no post house in Chicago uses Logic. I know a few engineers that use Nuendo in their home studios. But for the most part, Digidesign rules the industry in this city (sans one post house that uses none of the above).

The bottom lline is ... if you can't get what you want from the tools in hand, it does not mean you need different tools (i.e., software). It means you need to learn how to use your tools better!

What a flamming war!

I'm not trying to flame anyone.. I'm just trying to make a point.. and that's it!

Personally, I use Pro Tools. I own an 001 and it is the only reason I still use my Windows partition (I refuse to upgrade, Avid has gotten enough of my money).

I also use PT from time to time when I go to other post facilities. I don't blame you at all for not wanting give them any more money. I feel the same way.

If you like Logic, that's awesome, use it. Apple tried to reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken, but if you like it, then use it. I can tell you that no post house in Chicago uses Logic.

Thank you

Digidesign rules the industry in this city

Yeah I know and it's unfortunate

(sans one post house that uses none of the above).

What do they use?

The bottom lline is ... if you can't get what you want from the tools in hand, it does not mean you need different tools (i.e., software). It means you need to learn how to use your tools better!

Although I know my "tools" you make a very good point!

What do they use?

Avenue Edit - their 3 main rooms have either Pyramix or Fairlight DAWs. They do have a smaller fourth room with Pro Tools and Nuendo set up. But from what I understand, it is not used nearly as much as their 3 main rooms and is their only as a back up.

Dedicated systems are always nice. Pyramix needs hardware to run just like Pro Tools right?

I am not familiar with either Pyramix or Fairlight DAW systems. I assume that you would need hardware. It could even be an all in one console. Not sure. All the studios I've worked in have Pro Controls & Pro Tools TDM systems.

However, the Euphonix / Nuendo set up has been intriguing me as of late.