the limit of 32 tracks in pro tools

Tank

38 posts in this topic

nobody have erased the protection that limit pro tools LE at 32 tracks ?

You think that it is possible ?

Not in any way, because the audio engine doesnt have anywhere near enough power to run 32 tracks with plugins, let alone any more!!!

Pro tools HD only works with more tracks because of the DSP cards you have to buy to be able to use it - they take on the strain of the plug-ins and tracks instead of your processor.

So the only solution is...buy a MIX card and a dsp system. Itll set you back at least £10,000 though :blink:

Logic (in my opinion) is a MUCH better sequencer anyway. I'd invest in (or crack) it instead.

-JD-

Thank you JD for the answere...

now i heart that digidesign sell an add pack for PT LE 7 called ''music production tolkit'' that expanse the trcks at 48, mono or stereo. It cost about 500 $ ,and i don't think that give a mix card.

logci express 7 you think that is better thank pro tools 7 ? there are a lot of plug-in?

I don't even know why anyone would even want to use pro tools or logic when they could be using Nuendo 3.2. For example, take BFD. HUGE dumb kit lib. while running in groups (4 channel rewire) crashes on pro tools m-powered on a 1.6ghz G5 with 1.5gb of DDR2 ram in it. That same BFD plugin running rewire in utra mode (32 channel) on a 1.4ghz G4 mac mini with 512mb of ram in Nuendo runs perfectly smooth.

There was a crack for the LE versions that would work for 6.4-6.9. It basically allowed it so you could run the TDM version of ProTools with LE hardware. It was called TDMThing or TDMLE.

For 7 I haven't heard of anything, free. Just the toolkit.

I wouldn't recommend running TDM on ANY of digidesigns consumer level hardware. I had a hacked version of TDM to allow me to run it on M-audios hardware and needless to say it ran like {censored}. TDM is TDM for a reason meaning that all or most of the DSP is handled via the hardware. Not to mention that running TDM RTAS plugs will not go over that well on an LE setup either.

I wouldn't recommend running TDM on ANY of digidesigns consumer level hardware. I had a hacked version of TDM to allow me to run it on M-audios hardware and needless to say it ran like {censored}. TDM is TDM for a reason meaning that all or most of the DSP is handled via the hardware. Not to mention that running TDM RTAS plugs will not go over that well on an LE setup either.

Everyone who I talked to who ran the TDMLE crack didn't have any problems. Said it was just as stable, fast and worked as well as LE they just got a slightly higher track count and could use stuff like beat detective which aren't in LE. It's very popular amoung the 001 crowd since Digidesign stopped supporting it at 6.4.

I don't even know why anyone would even want to use pro tools or logic when they could be using Nuendo 3.2. For example, take BFD. HUGE dumb kit lib. while running in groups (4 channel rewire) crashes on pro tools m-powered on a 1.6ghz G5 with 1.5gb of DDR2 ram in it. That same BFD plugin running rewire in utra mode (32 channel) on a 1.4ghz G4 mac mini with 512mb of ram in Nuendo runs perfectly smooth.

Right, hold on for a second. *Nuendo* in no way better than logic and pro tools, i mean ok it is way better than the pro tools "fisher price my first MIDI support", but thats about it and it is in no way better than logic.

Firstly, you're testing that on a version of pro tools bloody m-powered so of course its going to crash as pro tools was designed to run DSP and basically LE and m-powered are just an internal hack so home users can "try it out".

Secondly, im assuming that

HUGE dumb kit lib
means "HUGE drum kit library". if so, why would you want to load up and *entire library* as a plugin at once? Using the exs24 in logic means you can just pick your kit and away you go with pretty much NO CPU load as its triggering samples, not loading up a whole damn shell that sits on your CPU like that half ton man i saw on tv the other day...

Also, nuendo is horrible to use as a sequencer - the audio routing system is the most pointless piece of rubbish i have ever had the misfortune to use. Plus, when you want to mix something or set up the mixer you have to bow down to the lord charlie steinberg as you cannot change anything apart from views. Fun when youre trying to score for a 30 piece string section....

Logic also handles video better than nuendo, and seeing as nuendo was intended for 5.1 and audio to video i think its easy to see which is the better sequencer...

-JD-

Thank you very mutch for the unswares :-)

I have tryed nuendo 3 on pc and it was very good like cubase sx, but now with mac i'm on pro tools LE 7.1 and logic express 7.1.

I like express, sound good but I don't understand very well how to regulate the volume on master. I meen.. if I insert a VU meters and i see some peak I can't elimante take down the volume control on master. I can put the volume at - infinity ,but the VU meter shows the same . This is important for mastering.

Also, nuendo is horrible to use as a sequencer - the audio routing system is the most pointless piece of rubbish i have ever had the misfortune to use. Plus, when you want to mix something or set up the mixer you have to bow down to the lord charlie steinberg as you cannot change anything apart from views. Fun when youre trying to score for a 30 piece string section....

Logic also handles video better than nuendo, and seeing as nuendo was intended for 5.1 and audio to video i think its easy to see which is the better sequencer...

-JD-

LOL this comming from someone that thinks that all studios use logic. Buddy, if you think that then you don't know nuendo never-the-less 3.2. Educate youself here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul05/articles/nuendo3.htm

-AND-

http://www.steinbergcanada.com/products/nu.../nuendo_faq.htm

then post. I WAS a logic user for 2 years until I woke up and realized Nuendos perks. Now I've been using it for 3 years. Shows how much you know about nuendo, you can mix up to 10.2 surround. All I use is Nuendo and I do post and nothing eles. What other DAW has a whole section for control room monitoring in the form of a seperate mixer.

Yeah nuendo must me horrible if WK as designed entire control surfaces around it. Not to mention the other 25 control surfaces manufacturers that Steinberg supports. Not just a dinky Mackie control like logic.

http://www.arbitermt.co.uk/nuendo/products/idcontroller.htm

LOL this comming from someone that thinks that all studios use logic. Buddy, if you think that then you don't know nuendo never-the-less 3.2. Educate youself here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul05/articles/nuendo3.htm

-AND-

http://www.steinbergcanada.com/products/nu.../nuendo_faq.htm

then post. I WAS a logic user for 2 years until I woke up and realized Nuendos perks. Now I've been using it for 3 years. Shows how much you know about nuendo, you can mix up to 10.2 surround. All I use is Nuendo and I do post and nothing eles. What other DAW has a whole section for control room monitoring in the form of a seperate mixer.

Yeah nuendo must me horrible if WK as designed entire control surfaces around it. Not to mention the other 25 control surfaces manufacturers that Steinberg supports. Not just a dinky Mackie control like logic.

http://www.arbitermt.co.uk/nuendo/products/idcontroller.htm

Ok, for a start i KNOW paul white so dont try and use SOS articles, as they are not unbiased opinions ;) Secondly, how many pro studios have you been in recently that use nuendo? I attended a seminar a while ago for a nuendo demo, and the bloody thing crashed 3 times during the demo *by steinberg*.

Secondly, "a dinky mackie control"? try the CONTROL24. it has FULL logic support, right down to track names appearing on the LED channel display. Seriously, im all up for "the best sequencer" discussion as ive had it MANY times before...but know your stuff from using sequencers in depth before entering the debate.... I'm not talking about little editing perks and 10.2 surround which logic can support anyway due to output handling right from version 5. I'm talking about what the sequencer can do as a full sequencing package, which includes external gear support. You can't possibly say that nuendo's "generic remote control" setup is actually any good as a studio programming environment. You can virtually wire your WHOLE STUDIO in logic, make pieces of external gear communicate with each other through logic, and make automated commands and macros within the environment.

Nuendo just doesn't support anything apart from the very first layer of a sequencing package.

-JD-

You have made it very clear that you have no idea on what the hell you are talking about. If you think that logic is better for film than you have certainly proven your ignorance and discredited yourself.

BTW. the Control|24 is {censored}!!http://www.euphonix.com/ Tailored for Nuendo/Pro Tools. Nothing but the best. Lots of Indrustry leading pros here think that Nuendo is best. Hell, just watch the videos.

don´t compare logic with nuendo, nuendo is a harddisk recorder and logic the best sequenzer programm

ever made. :dev:

btw: i´ve got a digidesign d24 and a mixfarm for sale, anyone :)

HAHAHAHA. sick, i like your thinking :) Finally! Someone whos not retarded. "The control 24 is a piece of {censored}"?! So now you're arguing [OPTiK] that Nuendo is better than Logic AND Pro tools?

And when did i mention film?! Take a situation where you've got a lot of hardware and a computer based sequencer (most pro studios). Are you telling me that you think Nuendo would handle the rig better? If you are, then it sounds not only like you have never used Logic before, but also like you don't even know why it's called Logic!!!

And also, do you have a legitimate version of Nuendo? The version that costs over £1400? If not, then you cant even enter the debate as you don't use a sequencer professionally.

BTW. the Control|24 is {censored}!!http://www.euphonix.com/ Tailored for Nuendo/Pro Tools. Nothing but the best. Lots of Indrustry leading pros here think that Nuendo is best. Hell, just watch the videos.

LOL. And i've just been reading up on euphonix, and it seems that all of their products are configured for Logic too using the HUI protocol. It's even on apple's site!

Hmm. Ignorance? Have a think about that word before you go spreading it around...

-JD-

HAHAHAHA. sick, i like your thinking Finally! Someone whos not retarded.

Really? I think he's just as "retarded" as you are for thinking that logic is supperior to everthing LOL and yes I do have a legitimate version of Nuendo. I bought it on ebay if it's any of your god damb business. Maybe I should ask you if you have a legitimate version of logic since you posted that you have found and applied a crack to logic pro.

And when did i mention film?!

ah, maybe here

Don't tell me that you can't even remember the points you make?

And another thing... I NEVER once said that the euphonix surfaces never worked with logic... I said that they were DESIGNED for use with Nuendo and Pro Tools.

Really? I think he's just as "retarded" as you are for thinking that logic is supperior to everthing LOL and yes I do have a legitimate version of Nuendo. I bought it on ebay if it's any of your god damb business. Maybe I should ask you if you have a legitimate version of logic since you posted that you have found and applied a crack to logic pro.

ah, maybe here

Don't tell me that you can't even remember the points you make?

And another thing... I NEVER once said that the euphonix surfaces never worked with logic... I said that they were DESIGNED for use with Nuendo and Pro Tools.

Not according to their site....

Anyway, did you even read the thread as to the reason that i was looking for a crack in the first place? It was because i *hate* having to carry a dongle around, and i have 3 separate licenses of logic pro 7, one for the computer in each studio, and one for my laptop-being the reason i dont wanna have to carry a dongle everywhere.

Ebay? Nice. Professional too....

And i'm sorry if i dont devote all my time to reading over my forum posts....if you look at when each time i post its a good few days apart, thats when im WORKING and don't have time to go on the internet as im basically locked in a studio for a few days.

Fair enough if you want to get bitchy, i really don't care. I'd rather the audio community actually tried to help itself out - being the idea of this forum.

If you wanna still go to heads on which is the better sequencer, fine. Please bear in mind im a 3rd year music technology student and have also worked in the music industry for a while, so im not just spouting rubbish...i have researched this in great detail and have first hand experience of the argument.

-JD-

Ebay? Nice. Professional too....

LOL LOL What difference does it make where I bought it?? Does it mean that I'm not a professional because I buy things from ebay?? If you think think that, then you're even more stupid than what you make your self out to me.

And i'm sorry if i dont devote all my time to reading over my forum posts....if you look at when each time i post its a good few days apart, thats when im WORKING and don't have time to go on the internet as im basically locked in a studio for a few days.

Your only in the studio for days because your using logic LOL. Are you saying I don't work? Are you saying I have nothing better to do with my time then argure with a "music technology" STUDENT who thinks that he and his logic pro is above all eles? Well the answer is YES!! ... I'm in the studio now and I have just finished a MAJOR project that I was able to finish quickly (2 weeks) because I use NUENDO!!

If you wanna still go to heads on which is the better sequencer, fine. Please bear in mind im a 3rd year music technology student and have also worked in the music industry for a while, so im not just spouting rubbish...i have researched this in great detail and have first hand experience of the argument.

And you can bear in mind that I have 10 years under my belt and 4 years of FOH engineering also...

LOL a music technology STUDENT!! Yeah you got me there! LOL I'm well past you on the student aspect. If you have done all the research you say you've done, you would have no choise to agree that Nuendo/Cubase as a post/music production tool is and aways will be MANY steps ahead of logic. Logic is only good for composition

and scoring.

Oh.. one last thing...

I'd rather the audio community actually tried to help itself out - being the idea of this forum.

Being the idea of this forum? LOL LOL, if you looking to preach your infinate wisdom to the audio community then your on the WRONG site.

Please. Let people with a clue actually post okay. Here's a SITE you and your buddy -JD- can share and work together on

Lol. I'm one of the people that got this subforum created, so dont go telling me to go elsewhere! Yes i'm a student, but i'm also running my own production company and have done for a few years now. So yes im a student in the technical sense, but i spend most of my time working. As for saying that me taking time is due to logic being a bad sequencer? I spend time on my projects because my whole company are perfectionists. Say what you want about the student thing, but im not hiding who i am because in the industry (as you should know), its not about what you're doing, its about the quality of your work.

Plus, have a look at my post offering a freebie...its a Logic environment that i made for my dissertation project. Then tell me i don't know what i'm talking about.

If you are in the studio working at the time of writing, why aren't you concentrating on your work? I shut myself off from the outside world when i'm in the studio because it allows me to focus and be creative...but im guessing you obviously work so fast due to neundo that you have time to sit about writing on audio forums. I, however, don't and am on my day off so i can sit at a computer for a bit to chill out.

Enjoy your work.

-JD-

Lol. I'm one of the people that got this subforum created, so dont go telling me to go elsewhere!

I never told you to go eleswhere. Besides, so what if you had this subforum created. Does that make you any better then anyone eles or even me? Weather you had the forum created or not does not impress in the least. You should have just had a LOGIC forum created if you are such a respected individual.

Yes i'm a student, but i'm also running my own production company and have done for a few years now. So yes im a student in the technical sense, but i spend most of my time working. As for saying that me taking time is due to logic being a bad sequencer? I spend time on my projects because my whole company are perfectionists. Say what you want about the student thing, but im not hiding who i am because in the industry (as you should know), its not about what you're doing, its about the quality of your work.

So anyone who DOESN'T use logic isn't a perfectionist and second rate? If that's the case - Man, you you be any more arrogrant? Another thing, if you are SOOOO good and better then me and have your OWN production company and people working for you then why are you in school? The way you put yourself up on that high horse of yours you should be teaching and not being tought.

Plus, have a look at my post offering a freebie...its a Logic environment that i made for my dissertation project. Then tell me i don't know what i'm talking about.

Which by the way is no longer on the site you post mentioned. Keeping up well with your stuff eh? lol and as a nuendo user, that agian, doesn't impress me none-the-least.

If you are in the studio working at the time of writing, why aren't you concentrating on your work? I shut myself off from the outside world when i'm in the studio because it allows me to focus and be creative...but im guessing you obviously work so fast due to neundo that you have time to sit about writing on audio forums. I, however, don't and am on my day off so i can sit at a computer for a bit to chill out.

So anyone eles that has a different creative process then yours is benesth you?? I don't have to have complete silence and isolation to be creative. When an idea comes it comes. Actually, more ideas come to me when I'm interacting with people. So if you think that every musician/engineer has to be like you, then your in for a BIG disapointment.