Retail Leopard DVD using MBR for SSE2 and 900 GMA?

downdowndown

4 posts in this topic

It might. I would be very surprised if you get software updates through the offical sources without waiting for a Kalyway or other community release that works with SSE2. You'll need to find an installer with SSE2 support. (Not hard to find).

There's a tutorial on getting GMA 900 working with QE/CI here:

And please don't double post. You already have an open thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=134037

I know about the Kalyway sources and I think most have SSE2 support. But I always run into some sort of kernel panic or "boot device error".

Then there's the Leo4all series. V3 got me the closest but I get the "boot device error"

I tried JaS 10.5.4 Server but I didn't work (has anyone else gotten it to work for hp dv1000?)

But the main point of discussion was to discuss the possibilities and successful methods of a retail Leopard DVD for the SSE2 processor and using the MBR instead of GUID (GPT)

The double post was an accident; I was trying to make the thread more specific, but thank you.

(sorry... Here's the GMA 900 link: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110176 )

And about the boot device error.... I think it might because, in my experience, Leopard pretty much requires an SATA hard drive and DVD ROM drive. Again, I might be wrong, since I've only been using OSx86 for about a week, but my understanding is that installation on IDE is pretty much limited to 10.4 (Tiger). Be nice to get someone who has been using OSx86 for longer than I and knows more about the scene to chime in. :)

I have an HP dv4000, almost exactly the same specs (I have about half the RAM you do), and *if* I try and put OSx86 on there, it will almost certainly be Tiger, just because I know it is much more supported than Leopard.

Sorry I'm not much help. :-\