Wifi Link 5100 or Marvel 88E8055

sub7

8 posts in this topic

Okay, i got a Samsung R510 and got it work with Kalyway 10.5.2 and now trying whole day to get Network there. I watched the info.plist files like in some tutorials and changed around everything i could but nothing happend with the Marvel. And for the Wifi Link 5100 from Intel there is no tutorial.. Can someone now bring a solution which absolutely works (with 100%) cause there are so many and it sounds a bit confusing that everyone of them should work..

• 1 month later...
Use this for your 88E8055: IONetworkingFamly.kext.zip (work perfect with mine)

No hope for Link 5100...

MacOff

PD i edited the link... sorry :)

I'm still a bit new at OSX86. I installed Leopard on my HP Pavilion desktop and got the ethernet and video working with some step by step instructions I found on this forum. I now installed Leopard (using Kalyway 10.5.2) on a friends' VAIO (VGN-DW290) with the same DVD and it works. I just can't get both of these to work (the Wifi Link 5100 and Marvel 88E8055).

MacOff, you provide a link to the IONetworkingFamily kext, but I'm not sure how to install it. Replacing it won't work cause it gives me an error and repairing disk permissions won't solve it. I had to replace it with the original one to get rid of the error. Can you explain how to install that kext you provided? I've been looking online but can't find anything usefull for newbies! :P

Edit: Maybe if I use Kext Helper :D

Edit: I installed the kext and I got ethernet working :D thanks!!!! nothing on wireless yet :P