Finder and dock problems after installing taruga's audio fix

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have Acer Extensa 5220 with kalyway 10.5.1 Install upgraded to 10.5.2

I had everything working fine, except for the audio (ALC268) input (mic) and output (headphones) problem.

I've decided to fix this. I've found Taaruga's installer and the appleHDA.kext, so i installed it.

After that i've got the audio working fine, but my problem with Leo started here aswell.

My problem is that Finder doesnt fully work as it should. when i click any option menu at finder the submenus doesnt highlight on mouseover, so i cant access any submenu because when i click a non highlighted one it just quit from the menu. I have a similar problem with the Dock aswell, when i put the cursor over the dock it doesnt do anything, it doesnt magnify as it should. all the settings are fine.

i've repaired the premissions, didnt solve the problem.

i've installed the AppleHDA.kext from the installation DVD, and the finder and dock worked normally for like one minute, and than it broke again.

I really dont want to reinstall the whole OS X, so please, anyone, any ideas how to fix this?

The menu highlights does work when i use the keyboard cursors, but that isnt fine with me... the whole finder (opening windows etc.) is working slowly than it did before the audio fix..

anyone please help

Sorry if this isnt the right forum to post this, but i'm pretty much desperate since i dont want to reinstall the whole system..

PS: i've read at taruga's post that some kernels crash and if so i need to upgrade it, so is this a kernel crash? if yes, where can i find a kernel update? i have vanilla 9.1.0 kernel installed.

i've searched the forum and found no solution so i've decided to make a new clean kalyway instalation...

i have a serious problem right now because the system reinstalation didnt work, didnt solve this problem..

i've format the disk clean.. made OS X installation and the finder and dock is still broke.. i really dont know what to do now.. before the audio fix everything was working fine and now even system reinstall doesnt fix anything..

please help

edit:

i noticed when i restart the system, the finder and dock work as they should for few (20 or so) seconds, and than they stop responding to mouse-over, as if the cursor didnt exist untill it clicks..

i think maybe the system loads up some controller or file at the start up that prevents the mouse from propper working? any ideas?

• 3 months later...

I am having this exact same problem on a 10.5.2 Kalyway install. Any assistance or insight would be appreciated, as I'm not certain what's causing the issue. The dock will not animate or respond until I actually click in it, and submenus are often not accessible. Also, I'm not able to drag songs around in iTunes, for example, to reorder the songs in a playlist. Have any others encountered this or been able to resolve it?

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I have Acer Extensa 5220 with kalyway 10.5.1 Install upgraded to 10.5.2

I had everything working fine, except for the audio (ALC268) input (mic) and output (headphones) problem.

I've decided to fix this. I've found Taaruga's installer and the appleHDA.kext, so i installed it.

After that i've got the audio working fine, but my problem with Leo started here aswell.

My problem is that Finder doesnt fully work as it should. when i click any option menu at finder the submenus doesnt highlight on mouseover, so i cant access any submenu because when i click a non highlighted one it just quit from the menu. I have a similar problem with the Dock aswell, when i put the cursor over the dock it doesnt do anything, it doesnt magnify as it should. all the settings are fine.

i've repaired the premissions, didnt solve the problem.

i've installed the AppleHDA.kext from the installation DVD, and the finder and dock worked normally for like one minute, and than it broke again.

I really dont want to reinstall the whole OS X, so please, anyone, any ideas how to fix this?

The menu highlights does work when i use the keyboard cursors, but that isnt fine with me... the whole finder (opening windows etc.) is working slowly than it did before the audio fix..

anyone please help

Sorry if this isnt the right forum to post this, but i'm pretty much desperate since i dont want to reinstall the whole system..

PS: i've read at taruga's post that some kernels crash and if so i need to upgrade it, so is this a kernel crash? if yes, where can i find a kernel update? i have vanilla 9.1.0 kernel installed.

Little old thread, but if someone is looking regarding this problem, then here is one possible scenario with same symptoms (menus, dock misbehaving) although not related to tarugas patch,

Its a Mouse problem. If you are using one of those cordless laptop mouse or one with weak wireless signal (or attached at the back of the computer out of line of sight), then you may get this symptom. I got this many months ago and suddenly stared getting it today. After scratching my brain hard why it appeared again, I figured I had attached the USB receiver at the back of computer out of sight (it is a laptop mouse). Shifter the place and there it goes all fine.