WTB : SigmaTel 92HD71B Dual SPDF

magic0200

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I have had my laptop for about 5 - 6 months now (gateway p171fx) and I have eveything working except wireless (intel chipset :thumbsup_anim: in progress) and sound. Taruga was originally working on this problem but he was called to work on EFIX. I've tried to contact him but to no avail and I'm stuck with an amazing OSX system but no sound.

The problem.... this chipset works a little strange and has a pass through I believe from North to South bridge or vice versa. therefore the Dump shows 2 audio sources.

I am looking for a Driver that can do two things...

1. Audio will play out of internal speakers on this laptop.

2. Audio will mute internal speakers and play when headpphones are installed.

Hardy Heron v6 on linux has a working driver if that helps and here's the link to that. If you are SERIOUS about taking on this problem we can discuss price

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=676550

Hey Guys,

I have had my laptop for about 5 - 6 months now (gateway p171fx) and I have eveything working except wireless (intel chipset :D in progress) and sound. Taruga was originally working on this problem but he was called to work on EFIX. I've tried to contact him but to no avail and I'm stuck with an amazing OSX system but no sound.

The problem.... this chipset works a little strange and has a pass through I believe from North to South bridge or vice versa. therefore the Dump shows 2 audio sources.

I am looking for a Driver that can do two things...

1. Audio will play out of internal speakers on this laptop.

2. Audio will mute internal speakers and play when headpphones are installed.

Hardy Heron v6 on linux has a working driver if that helps and here's the link to that. If you are SERIOUS about taking on this problem we can discuss price

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=676550

Hi I have a working driver for this card, with internal speaker,headphone detection, internal microphone, volume and mute works also, it only needs ext mic and spdif out and I´m working on it.

Mi card is a 92hd71b8 in my gateway P6801mFX

I give my screenshoots, with internal speaker and when you plug it headphones and int mic.

post-27772-1225299523_thumb.png

post-27772-1225299559_thumb.png

• 11 months later...
Hi I have a working driver for this card, with internal speaker,headphone detection, internal microphone, volume and mute works also, it only needs ext mic and spdif out and I�m working on it.

Mi card is a 92hd71b8 in my gateway P6801mFX

I give my screenshoots, with internal speaker and when you plug it headphones and int mic.

i have a p173x fx and i have os x 10.5.8 on here did u ever get the driver working? i just want sound.. i dont have line in or anything except mic in. i have to use my x-fi usb and thats pretty much plain jane

Much appreciated if you have the driver and could share it... i tried the HDA patcher with a codec dump and it says unsupported with the patcher.....

Thanks