Just bought my first mac - any application recommendations?

narchitect

13 posts in this topic

Hey all, this is my first post to the InsanelyMac forum, I hope to be really active here in the future!

I just switched to Mac after twelve years of using PC :rolleyes: . I bought the new aluminum unibody MacBook, the 2.0GHz model with 2GB/DDR3/1066MHz/SDRAM and a 160GB/1700RPM/HDD. So far I am very happy with my new Mac. The simplicity and power of everything from the design to the hardware to OS X Leopard amazes me more and more the more I use it.

So do you guys have any recommendations for useful applications, or maybe a few good Mac tips? Mind you, I'm not a total novice at Mac, I've gotten a chance to mess around with it a little bit, installed Office 2008 and Adobe CS3 Premium Design so I'm proficient in general Mac file management, etc.

Thanks!

I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you,I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you,i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you,I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I hate YOU, I hate you, I HATE you, I HaTe YoU, i hate you!!!!!!

You get the message you LUCKY Bast.........!!(insert GREEN with ENVY Icon)

SticMAC

Hey all, this is my first post to the InsanelyMac forum, I hope to be really active here in the future!

I just switched to Mac after twelve years of using PC :P . I bought the new aluminum unibody MacBook, the 2.0GHz model with 2GB/DDR3/1066MHz/SDRAM and a 160GB/1700RPM/HDD. So far I am very happy with my new Mac. The simplicity and power of everything from the design to the hardware to OS X Leopard amazes me more and more the more I use it.

So do you guys have any recommendations for useful applications, or maybe a few good Mac tips? Mind you, I'm not a total novice at Mac, I've gotten a chance to mess around with it a little bit, installed Office 2008 and Adobe CS3 Premium Design so I'm proficient in general Mac file management, etc.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I take back what I said in my first reply!!

"Posted Oct 29 2008, 12:57 PM"

I now also own one! I decided to go for the 2,4 with 4GB memory!

SticMAC

Thanks guys. Lots of useful stuff here. Loving my new Mac, I take it everywhere. I've been pumping out almost indecent amounts of Photoshop stuff these days :D

Yeah. I didn't have enough dough for the 2.4GHz but I'm just as happy with the 2.0GHz. it meets my needs well. It's sooo sexeh! smooth aluminum and very light. Great investment of $1405.29 because of the stupid NY state sales tax.

can know where you got th Adobe cs3 ?

I own a license. Why?

Growl, Adium includes MSN support. Transmission, Quicksilver, Carbon Copy Cloner, Disk Inventory X and Vocito if you have a GrandCentral account. GMail notifier if you have a GMail account with the Google+Growl Utility. Aperture if you're a shutter bug.

Oh - for changing icons use Lite Icon available here, there is no charge for it.

I happen to be partial to the SummerDrive icons - available here.

summer2.png