Help me fix shutdown issue ? please

urgonah8me

5 posts in this topic

Ok Im actualy finding myself using OSX on my laptop allot more now that I have began Uni. The only real problem I have is that with my laptop... when I shutdown in OSX the screen goes black and the OS shutsdown but the laptop actualy stays powered on... which is scary because I put the laptop in its bag to move from studio to studio...

The only way to power off completely at the moment is to hold the powerbutton for 5 seconds.

I can fix the shutdown problem if I remove the graphics kexts.... but then I dont get graphics.... I can also fix the problem by removing sound kexts... but again I wont have sound and that would suck ...

Can anyone help with this problem..? I would appreciate it VERY much as Im actualy using this loads in uni now and cant afford to buy one of the new macbooks for christmas...

edit: sorry would help if I told you what distro and specs . Specs are in my sig and distro is jas 10.5.4

try to use openhaltrestart.kext

install it thanks to osxtool kext installer ...

Put S3 in bios

Some people reported that Openhaltrestart was not really stable but it works fine sometime on some computer.

there is also modified ACPIPlatform you could use ...

;)

thanks for your reply. I have tried that openhaltrestart kext before but it didnt help at all sadly ;) ....

So you will have to find a poweroff fix that will fit with your mobo

pretty hard to find ... and to know for me as I'm just aware of Gygabyte mobo:/