iDeneb v1.3 Still waiting for root device...

Namek91

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a problem with my notebook - Toshiba Satellite L20-101:

Intel Pentium M 740 - 1733 MHz

512MB DDR2

Intel 915GM

Conexant Cx20468

Realtek RTL8139

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG on MiniPCI / PCMCIA and TP-LINK TL-WN510G on PCMCIA (Atheros AR5005G)

TOSHIBA 60GB SATA

MAT{censored}A UJ-841S

I have already installed iDeneb v1.3 with Kernel 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3), but when the installation was sucefull completed and I'm boot my notebook from HD, I have see "Apple", and fcking "Still waiting for root device" (I have already started with -v -x -f parametrs, but nothings work...).

I have found some solution:

"If you are using a SATA disk, make sure it is set for IDE legacy mode in the PC BIOS and not 'enhanced'

Get a IDE Hard Disk(you can attach the IDE hard disk, but still install the OS on the SATA drive. It just helps to get past the "still waiting for root device error".)"

but in my BIOS of Toshiba there is no option, to switch my Hard Drive to AHCI, IDE or RAID! There is no fcking option to switch? What should I do right now?

PS: Sorry for my english...

did you install the included chipset driver?

if not this would cause the problem.

after you do that your going to have a graphics issue, no acceleration...

heres the solution

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...10176&st=20

hope this all works out for you, let us know what happens.

Yes, I'm installed ICHx Fixed...

Yea... I know, there will be problem with QE/CI on 915GM (GMA900) and this is solution http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...10176&st=20, but when I should do this - install kext for graphic card, if I can't start my Leopard... meybe I should install kext form Terminal from Installer (from DVD)?

Or should I install other included (on iDeneb) chipset driver?

Everest Home Edition told me, I have ICH6...

Meybe should I copy kext from this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88335 - IOATAFamily.kext_V1.1.zip (IOATAFamily.kext) with MacDrive to Leopard partition to /System/Library/Extensions/ and then from DVD repair permission:

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

??

well being able to use Leopard would be useful before installing the graphics... i just added that as a side note :-P

if another chipset driver is available on ideneb DVD then try it and see if it works, it took me a few installs to get it right when i made the switch to Leo from Tiger.

Or you could try replacing IOATAFamily.kext with MacDrive, i had to do the same on my notebook because i had the same problem and it worked...

A sht... I have already copy IOATAFamily.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ with MacDrive, but I can't do this:

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

I'm boot notebook from DVD and I'm tried to do this, but Terminal sead me: No such file or director...

I have tired, to start Mac with -s - F8, and ten -s [enter], but "Still waiting for root device" ;]

What should I do?

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...