Chameleon on a tri boot setup on GUID, can't get it working

5 posts in this topic

Having googled, I haven't found anyone with a similar partition set up to mine -- EFIv8/vista32/kalway

OS X/kalyway OSX/ on a GUID partition table - and I am having problems installing Chameleon on it, either using Zeff's installer or 0SX86Tools installer. If I install it to the first OS X partition and make it active, I am left with a blinking

cursor on boot. I then have to resort to using iATKOSv4 DVD, F8 -S and then then the Darwin command to return things

to how they were. Same problem if I do the same with the second OSX partition.

Worse, the vista partition, though repaired, no longer shows on the OSX desktop

and 'Foreign boot' is no longer listed on the bootloader, though the blank Vista

entry boots. Any pointers welecome.

Having googled, I haven't found anyone with a similar partition set up to mine -- EFIv8/vista32/kalway

OS X/kalyway OSX/ on a GUID partition table - and I am having problems installing Chameleon on it, either using Zeff's installer or 0SX86Tools installer. If I install it to the first OS X partition and make it active, I am left with a blinking

cursor on boot. I then have to resort to using iATKOSv4 DVD, F8 -S and then then the Darwin command to return things

to how they were. Same problem if I do the same with the second OSX partition.

Worse, the vista partition, though repaired, no longer shows on the OSX desktop

and 'Foreign boot' is no longer listed on the bootloader, though the blank Vista

entry boots. Any pointers welecome.

What Darwin command do you use? I have similiar problem .. and can not get boot.

If you're trying to get back to Darwin loader EFIv8, you need in this instance the iATKOSv4 installer DVD. At boot from the DVD, press F8, enter -s wait. Enter the word Darwin and then follow the prompts. I install to the first OS X partition. You might find that you need to repair Vista, also.

I apparently need to be running Chameleon to get Voodoo 9.5.0 beta2c kernel working properly.

No takers on my Chameleon problem? :(

If you're trying to get back to Darwin loader EFIv8, you need in this instance the iATKOSv4 installer DVD. At boot from the DVD, press F8, enter -s wait. Enter the word Darwin and then follow the prompts. I install to the first OS X partition. You might find that you need to repair Vista, also.

I apparently need to be running Chameleon to get Voodoo 9.5.0 beta2c kernel working properly.

No takers on my Chameleon problem? :D

Can you send me your track 0 and the first 3 sectors of your HFS+ partitions?

dd if=/dev/rdiskX of=detosxt0 bs=512 count=63

dd if=/dev/rdiskXsY of=detosxHFSX bs=512 count=3

dd if=/dev/rdiskXsZ of=detosxHFSY bs=512 count=3

pm me the detosxt0, detosxHFSX, detosxHFSY files pls :)

Thx,

zef

Can you send me your track 0 and the first 3 sectors of your HFS+ partitions?

dd if=/dev/rdiskX of=detosxt0 bs=512 count=63

dd if=/dev/rdiskXsY of=detosxHFSX bs=512 count=3

dd if=/dev/rdiskXsZ of=detosxHFSY bs=512 count=3

pm me the detosxt0, detosxHFSX, detosxHFSY files pls ;)

Thx,

zef

Hi Zef! :P

After a lot of Googling I found a thread where people were having the same problem. Pcwiz suggested they use the earlier version of his 0SX86 Toos (version 1.0.149), which did the job for me - though hasn't solved my voodoo 9.5.0 beta2c kernel problem, video running too fast on a dual-core pentium T2230 - except -

the entry for Vista, which was no longer showing up as Foreign Boot post a recent repair but the blank entry in the boot loader still allowed me to boot into it, has vanished. Any idea how I would get that back? Many thanks for your time :)