Virus/Trojan on the rise for Mac OSX?

shivdreamz18

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

it has come to my notice that there is a significant rise on malicious programs written for mac osx. It is bit disturbing for

me especially the major reason why i shifted from windows to mac was to get rid of virus trouble. I had recently built a

hackintosh for a friend of mine, who managed to get his hack infected with a malware which constantly keeps on popping up this window of mobile me stating that "your password has changed, please input your new password". Also programs like vlc have stopped functioning plus the background wallpapers have stopped changing even if you have kept the option on.

This got me thinking about how long will it take for mac os x to have the same problems like windows users are bugged with.

the problem is minute for the time being but as the no. of users for os x increase, virus/trojan writers will have a good reason to shift their focus on osx...

what would be your take on this guys?

Which malware affected your friends computer and how were you able to identify it? Or could it be that those programs simply stopped working because they were running on a non-compatible machine?

This got me thinking about how long will it take for mac os x to have the same problems like windows users are bugged with.
Most Windows annoyances are built-in, so I don't ever see mac users having "the same" problems.