SMBios Options

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

3 posts in this topic

hello all.

sorry if there is another topic about this but the insanely search did not turn anything up, and neither did google.

basically i have tried 3 options to try and get a unique serial number for my hackintosh, using the vanilla smbios on its own, wich gives me a serial number which is too short, smbios with smbiosefi, which gives me w1234567890, and smbios with superhai's smbiosresolver which gives me a kernel panic at boot.

has anybody managed to get a unique serial number automatically from just hardware detection and if so how the hell did ya manage it?

smooth

hello all.

sorry if there is another topic about this but the insanely search did not turn anything up, and neither did google.

basically i have tried 3 options to try and get a unique serial number for my hackintosh, using the vanilla smbios on its own, wich gives me a serial number which is too short, smbios with smbiosefi, which gives me w1234567890, and smbios with superhai's smbiosresolver which gives me a kernel panic at boot.

has anybody managed to get a unique serial number automatically from just hardware detection and if so how the hell did ya manage it?

smooth

Hey Smoothy,

First of all, do you mind me asking why you need a unique serial number for your hackintosh? I'm curious because I'm using the smbiosefi kext and have the generic W1234567890 number. Are there software packages out there that require a unique serial? I think Apps like Photoshop might need some machine serial number but I've read that the generic one works for Adobe software...

Anyways, check out this LINK. Move down to post #101 and I think you should find what you need. Thanks!

I hope this helps and please let me know about the importance of a unique machine serial...

Take care,

SEP