Install Ipod-Support

mwestman

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I recently installed the Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 on my PC. Everything have work absolutely great until now when this tiny problem has showed up. When i plug in my Ipod Video trough the USB port and start Itunes i get this message:

itunesproblemzs4.png

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to use my Kalyway DVD to install this or is there some kind of download witch will solve my problem. And in the worst case: Do i have to get a retail Mac OSX DVD?

I'm extremely thankful if you are able to help me!

itunes_problem.tiff

Same problem here, stumbled across this whilst browsing.

6th Gen iPod Classic, 80GB, formatted in windows (Firmware version 1.1.2 PC).

Sometimes it works if I plug it in before logging on, sometimes it works if I plug it in before I open iTunes. It seems to be quite random otherwise, though.

• 1 month later...

I'm pleased to say that I may have a solution to this issue.

I was having this same problem with my sister's Hackintosh: a 10.5.2 Kalaway install with ToH's sleep kernel (Intel architecture). She has a 3rd gen iPod nano. Earlier posts have suggested using the vanilla kernel to solve this problem, but in our case this unfortunately was not an option.

Reinstalling the iPod support software from disc solved the problem, but would not carry over reboots for some reason. Neither deleting the kextcache nor repairing permissions fixed the issue. After much investigation, it seemed that part of the driver was not being loaded at boot. You can fix this problem with the following command (as root):

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/iPodDriver.kext/Contents/PlugIns/iPodSBCDriver.kext

I've added this command as a launchd User Daemon item using Lingon, so it runs at login. This loads the iPod driver maually.

If you have a Firewire-connected iPod, it looks like you also might need to load:

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/iPodDriver.kext/Contents/PlugIns/iPodFireWireTransportSupport.kext

Good luck!