Keyboard and trackpad suddenly stops working

Ztardust

3 posts in this topic

Hey!

I have one little problem with my Acer hackbook: the build-in keyboard and trackpad function perfectly, and often for a long time, but then suddenly just stops working...

I am using iAtkos 10.5.4 upgraded to 10.5.5, but I had the same problem with Zephyroths 10.5.2.

USB mouse & keyboard always work.

First I thought this was a hardware problem, related to overheating, since I had problems with the fans on my machine not working before.

But now I´ve got the fans working fine, the computer is not overheating, and I found out that IF this happens(Keyboard&trackpad stop), then I can just use my usb mouse, go into keyboard&mouse preferences and for example click on one of the trackpad parameters and then the internal keyboard and trackpad starts working again!

So the problem seems to be software-based.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for me? ;)

Thanks...

Same here, today when i booted my pc i had the same problem that my keyboard and touchpad was not working however the USB mouse attached with my Laptop was working, so what i did is i logged in as guest account then log out and then suddenly my keyboard started working

Someone has any idea with this??

• 2 weeks later...
Same here, today when i booted my pc i had the same problem that my keyboard and touchpad was not working however the USB mouse attached with my Laptop was working, so what i did is i logged in as guest account then log out and then suddenly my keyboard started working

Someone has any idea with this??

Yeah... my keyboard & trackpad are always working when OSX starts up, but then sometimes they just stop after a couple of minutes... while sometimes they work for hours without problems.

Whish there was someone here who could give us some ideas..?