Flickering grey colors

chiwawathebrave

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I am now running Kalyway 10.5.5, 9f23 NVinstaller, EFI-String for my 8800GT, it has to outputs,

if I connect it to the right one I have no flickering but cant calibrate my display, nothing happens, no matter what I do, it doesnt matter what color profil I use, nothing...

If I use the left output, the calibration works, but grey colors are flickering...

I heard that "normal" Mac users also had that problem (Mac Pro) which was fixed with the 10.5.5 update...

If I want to change the resolution I got a blue screen...

Can anybody help me, please?

I'm having a very similar problem. I recently reinstalled 10.5.4 and immediately updated to 10.5.5 and I'm still getting flickering on dark greys. I'm loathe to mess around with my tried and tested video driver installation routine unless I know what I'm doing so would love to try and pinpoint the cause of this problem. It's especially noticeable on the background of iMovie and iPhoto. My card is an 8600GT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

I've tried 2 different PCIe video cards an XFX 8400gs 256MB and an EVGA 8600gts 256MB. Both have a noticeable flicker on certain colors especially grey. Switching DVI ports does not have any effect.

The flickering is noticeable on two completely different PC's running Leopard.

It's not my monitor, No flicker whatsoever in GNU/Linux or Windows.

I've used EFI strings and NVinject (which both work). Both cards have full resolution and CI and QE are working.

Is this a problem with Nvidia based cards? I've searched these forums extensively and have come up with nothing.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...