How To Install OSX with ASUS mobo

yahonmaizosz

16 posts in this topic

Hi Guys.. This is my first post here... I am quite confused as where to correctly post this question, but I assumed that this section is right..

My question is would it actually be possible for me to install OSX with an ASUS mobo?? Here is a complete list of my setup:

ASUS Maximus Formula

Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz

OCZ 8GB DDR2 960

3x150GB RAPTOR (10K) RAID 0

EVGA 7950GX2

Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W

2x30' DELL 3007WFP-HC

I would really like to know if there would be any incompatibility in my current setup before I go on further researching..

Thx guys... :)

It should be a breeze, i have the same motherboard with a Nvidia 8800gt, Jas 10.5.4 installed perfect and so did kalyway. Software update works, and vanilla kernel works :)

All hardware was detected with JaS 10.5.4, only minor things needed doing after the kalyway install.

have fun

Thx for the reply..

I am still confused on the entire process... Do I just download these "DVD" from torrent and install it? Or do I have to make some tweaks before installation?

I would be glad if someone can points out to me the required steps to get my plan going..

Just download the install dvd and install.

Boot from dvd > at darwin screen press F8 and boot using the following switches (-f -v) without parenthesis

once the dvd has booted goto Utilities Menu and run Disk Utility, select your hard disk and partition using GUID, once this is done close Disk Utility and your good to go

• 3 weeks later...
It should be a breeze, i have the same motherboard with a Nvidia 8800gt, Jas 10.5.4 installed perfect and so did kalyway. Software update works, and vanilla kernel works :)

All hardware was detected with JaS 10.5.4, only minor things needed doing after the kalyway install.

have fun

how does Jas install perfectly?... I can't get my Yukon working. I've followed all the instructions on editing the plist but leo just won't detect that there are any ethernet ports. Which drivers did you select and what board were you using. I have a Maximus Formula ...

yeah so does mine, wierd thing is after selecting the skge driver for marvell yukon cards, booting after the install, there are no cards detected. even on boot it no longer shows the mac addresses with a -v on boot... I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. That's why i was curious if your selecting a certain driver or not selecting something. I've been selecting both the skge driver as well as under identification the Marvell yukon 2.

don't really game much on my system, have consoles for that :)...so couldn't tell ya, but the 3870 is a pretty good card for gaming included. of course it's a generation behind the 4000 series but it still does the job. you'll have to do some more research or ask in other forums what the best graphics card is that is still supported by leo..