Intel DG33FB 2-Gigabit Ethernet Fix

Zero0000

11 posts in this topic

Well here it is. I have personally tested and am using this for that matter, so It does work.

Use Kext Helper b7 to install the kext.

You will have to mess with your network preferences pane a little but without too much effort you have it working.

Intel82566MM.kext.zip

Yes, it works on the DG33FB that is the main reason i posted it, I am a DG33FB user and it is working fine

Your welcome, it was the biggest issue with this mobo so i figured i would post it once i found the fix.

If you happen to know a working boot 132 configuration for this mobo please PM about it.

I am working on a Special OSx86 DVD for this Mobo with all the fixes but don't know what kexts needed are for booting using Boot 132 + RTM OSX DVD.

It is not that i cant boot or anything, I am trying to get GUID partitions to work.

I am able to get it to boot fine with PC EFI or the Standard Darwin x86 Bootloader only on MBR Partitions.

The mission is to make a DG33FB bootloader with DFE Boot 132 to be able to use the Retail Install DVD.

Also if i was to make a OSx86 DVD, i use INSTAHackintosh for doing it and it uses the Boot 132 method so if i can come up with the kexts needed to boot this board we may soon have a fully DG33FB Compatable OS X.

Actually Vista x64 can be installed on GUID Partitions

To do it you want to divide the partition in 2 and install Vista x64 first on the second partition, then use diskpart to flag the partition you are going to use for OSX(usually disk 0 partition 2) as active and then install OSX with PC EFI v8 bootloader(the Kalyway DVD uses PC EFI v8 for install) then you have a OSX+Vista x64 installation on GUID Partition Scheme

• 5 weeks later...

No, I use a PCI Audio Card for my Audio, but the azillia audio package should work for the integrated Realtek Audio.