PCI video options, PNY 8400?

mega

4 posts in this topic

Suggestions for PCI video?

My kids atom rig only has PCI slots, and it cant quite handle warcraft, the only game he plays, looking at the card below but I was not sure what PCI cards are supported in 10.5.5 with the nvidia drivers we have.

I was considering a PNY VCG84512SPEB GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card

the card is cheap, I know pci will suck for bandwidth but he's not playing shooters, and the gma950 with the atom just does not have enough oomph to run warcraft higher than 8-9 fps reliable

I'd also be interested to know if this works :)

I've also spotted there is a PCI 8500GT available:

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail...urce=mwbfroogle

Has any one had any luck getting one of those working, especially with QI/CE?

Again - I'm running an Atom Hackintosh - though I'm more interested in the DVI/HDMI out on these cards for plugging into a HDTV, though a spot of gaming won't hurt either :)

Sol

• 10 months later...

I have a sparkle 9400GT PCI card which is working, but it f*cks up the system, it's alot slower than before and it freezes after like 10 minutes. if anyone has any info that they can share it'd be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows a guide to install snow leopard on an Intel D945GCLF2 board with this card i'd be happy to hear from them! :D

read my install instructions for the sparkle card here