MacBook Pro Battery lasting 15 mins.

8 posts in this topic

My MacBook Pro Battery is only lasting 15 mins. and after it just shuts off, no warning.

System Profiler says this about the battery:

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: Sony-ASMB012-359a-4ea0

Manufacturer: Sony

Device name: ASMB012

Pack Lot Code: 0003

PCB Lot Code: 0000

Firmware Version: 102a

Hardware Revision: 0400

Cell Revision: 0303

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 569

Fully charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full charge capacity (mAh): 569

Health Information:

Cycle count: 148

Condition: Check battery

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 12478

Any help please?

I just phone apple today. My battery is less than a year and a half old. It is the original battery in the machine, and the battery life went down to about 35 mins. I called up Apple told them the situation, and since I have valid AppleCare they are sending me a new battery. Pretty Awesome.

I called Apple and they said my battery wasn't covered because my serial number for the MacBook Pro wasn't one of the effected computers. Even though the battery exhibits the exact same symptoms they describe in the article, Apple wouldn't honor the battery. They wouldn't replace mine. They were happy to try and sell me a new one at retail price though. I told them I would pass and that was about it.

I called Apple and they said my battery wasn't covered because my serial number for the MacBook Pro wasn't one of the effected computers. Even though the battery exhibits the exact same symptoms they describe in the article, Apple wouldn't honor the battery. They wouldn't replace mine. They were happy to try and sell me a new one at retail price though. I told them I would pass and that was about it.

I would get back onto Apple and mention that there are no serial numbers in the bulletin. Just MBPs purchased between certain dates (Feb '06 - April '07). They should specify a serial number range if it is affected by one, otherwise a purchase receipt should be enough.