ASUS 8800GTS 512 (G92) w/ nForce mobo

icedtrip

4 posts in this topic

See my sig for my hardware.

I have been trying to get QE/CI working with my 8800GTS for awhile now and cannot get it working. From everything that I see, my best bet is with NVkush, but I have not been able to get it working either.

I have tried NVkush and NVinject. I have placed my device ID in all necessary kexts (NVDAResman, NVDANV50Hal, and NVkush or NVinject). I have placed my NVCAP value in NVkush, specified the necessary VRAM,totalsize value. I am at a loss.

I have tried this using 10.5.2 (with updated graphic drivers) and 10.5.5.

My current setup is completely up to date with 10.5.5 and I have everything else working (including onboard gigabit LAN with the nForce mobo).

Any ideas? I'll buy whoever can help me a case of beer (as long as they live in the DC area and are >=21).

Bump with more info

Here is what I have used.

IOPCIMatch = 0x060010de

NVCAP = <04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000>

VRAM,totalsize = <00000020>

Of course, I have tried a mix of everything (i.e. not including VRAM,totalsize, or NVCAP, or both), but nothing. I have tried this using 10.5.2 (with updated graphic drivers) and 10.5.5. My current setup is completely up to date with 10.5.5 and I have everything else working.

Basically, it always hangs when the login window tries to load. NVkush recognizes the card and NVDANV50Hal seems to load fine, but the machine always hangs. Not sure if this would be important, but if I move NVDAResman.kext out of Extensions, delete caches, etc; I boot without hanging even with NVkush and NVDANV50Hal remaining in the Extensions folder. I simply do not have QE/CI and my res is stuck at 1024x768.

On a positive note, the Eno nForceLAN kext works wonderfully. I simply had to make sure airport is turned off before installing it as it would panic if airport was left on. So I now have onboard gigabit lan!!

Let me know if anybody needs more details.

Bump with more info

Here is what I have used.

IOPCIMatch = 0x060010de

NVCAP = <04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000>

VRAM,totalsize = <00000020>

Of course, I have tried a mix of everything (i.e. not including VRAM,totalsize, or NVCAP, or both), but nothing. I have tried this using 10.5.2 (with updated graphic drivers) and 10.5.5. My current setup is completely up to date with 10.5.5 and I have everything else working.

Basically, it always hangs when the login window tries to load. NVkush recognizes the card and NVDANV50Hal seems to load fine, but the machine always hangs. Not sure if this would be important, but if I move NVDAResman.kext out of Extensions, delete caches, etc; I boot without hanging even with NVkush and NVDANV50Hal remaining in the Extensions folder. I simply do not have QE/CI and my res is stuck at 1024x768.

On a positive note, the Eno nForceLAN kext works wonderfully. I simply had to make sure airport is turned off before installing it as it would panic if airport was left on. So I now have onboard gigabit lan!!

Let me know if anybody needs more details.

I presume that this is the guide you have followed.......you may also wish to try try swapping the monitor DVI or VGA (via VGA-to-DVI adapter) connector to the other DVI port on the GFX card.....it enabled more resolutions and on-the-fly resolution switching on my 8600GT GFX card......this tip came from cyclonefr..... :)