Which install disk and guide should I be using?

Morphius Faydal

5 posts in this topic

Hey y'all, I know you probably get a million questions a day about this, but I'm lost... Which install disk and guide should I be using to install osx86 on my system?

• Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (Rev. 2.0) (Yes, I checked the revision)
  • Intel Q6600 (G0 stepping, if it makes a difference)
  • 2GB RAM
  • SATA DVD-ROM from Optiarc
  • SATA Western Digital hard drive
  • AMD HD 3870 - 512 MB
  • USB mouse and keyboard

TIA y'all..

EDIT: I was looking at the iATKOS 4.1i and iDENEB 1.3... Am I on the right track?

EDIT 2: AFAICT, both of those support EFI emulation, which, if I can use the proper set of options, will let me install vanilla patches from Apple, right?

Don't bump this. First look up everything about your computer and compare it to as many "Files" as you can and then post back here asking if you are on the right track. No one can ever tell you which one to use because it simply is not there computer.

Sorry If I sound mean or anything just trying to get that fact across and there was no other way to write it.

• 3 weeks later...
EDIT 2: AFAICT, both of those support EFI emulation, which, if I can use the proper set of options, will let me install vanilla patches from Apple, right?

Just like to second the "don't bump this, look it up for yourself" and point out that "EFI Emulation" is just a patched bootloader and provides no automagical protection from the problem of updating.