780G Chipset (SB700) support

10 posts in this topic

UPDATE!!! ok i got it fully working using kalyways 10.5.2 and some kexts i got my hands on and with a little bit of editing i got it to work but my sons crying and its late so tomorrow i will try my best at writing a guide and ill upload all the files you need all kexts are allready injected all u will need is transmac and kalyway and and anyone with the 780g chipset or sb700 will have a fully working hackintosh!!!!!!!!

Ok I have been to hell and back trying to figure this out im about to rip out my hair. i'v used every osx86 install dvd you can think of tried dvd-rom and hard drive on the same ide controller,AHCI on and off,native ide mode on and off,external hdd via ide to usb adapter ,all ends in the same either i get com.apple.boot.plist error or when it reboots i get nothing litterally nothing. I'm aware it's cause of my SB700 controller and i've spent countless hours looking for a .kext or someone that has the same problems as me and nothing i'm willing to help build a kext thats useable if someone can point me in the right direction any help would be great i'm willing to put alot of time in to this if anyone can help just to get a boot up would be awesome heres my spec's if that helps

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev 1.1

Amd Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (Brisbane)

2x2GIG ddr2 800 ram

2 500G Seagate drives

1 160G Excellstor drive

2 lite-on dvd-rom

500w psu

XFX 8500GT

Just wondering. Do those kexts work with the sb600/sb450/..whatever else is compatible? The kexts i made will only work with the sb700, but with a few tweaks in the code should be able to run on a bunch of different chipsets... I think i might find the dev id codes for all them and make a pretty universal kext. I've seen a few like what im talking about, but with out the sb600/sb700 support.

i got off topic. I guess what i meant to ask was are the kext you're uploading patched to work with just the sb700? or for a bunch of southbridges...

(is southbrideges plural for southbridge? it doesn't sound right.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally I got my GA-MA78GM-S2H rev 1.0, installed with Kalyway 10.5.2 after my hours of trying iDeneb v1.3.

Here are my configuration

IDE AOPEN DUW1616 (set to slave mode, master mode will end up receiving Still Waiting for root device)

SATA HD on SataII0 (set to AHCI mode), OSX

SATA HD on SataII4 (set to IDE mode), my Vista

Ati HD 3200, well only 1024 x 768 with 32bit color.

well still trying to make my usb pendrive working!!

Hope that help.

UPDATE!!! ok i got it fully working using kalyways 10.5.2 and some kexts i got my hands on and with a little bit of editing i got it to work but my sons crying and its late so tomorrow i will try my best at writing a guide and ill upload all the files you need all kexts are allready injected all u will need is transmac and kalyway and and anyone with the 780g chipset or sb700 will have a fully working hackintosh!!!!!!!!

Hello nicholasblock,

i have a same mobo and chipset and i wasted a lot of time too trying install os x leo using different type of disk images. i downloaded the Kalyways 10.5.2. version too but it didn't work either. would you tell me what kexts did you use and your guide about the install?

my config:

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H v1.1

AMD Athlon X2 6000+

2x2GB Kingston Hyperx 800Mhz RAM

Plextor PX-716A IDE DVD-RW

WD 320GB SATA II

WD Raptor 74GB SATA

BIOS version F5

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hey guys,

whats up with the guide? cant wait to install mac os x leopard on my GA-MA78GM-S2H!

is there any fully vanilla solution for it?

kind regards,

marcus

ps: sorry, im really new to hackintosh or other kind of install mac os x on pc. i love the look and feel from my macbook and wont miss this on my pc!