tri boot xp, vista, 10.5.1 kalyway

3 posts in this topic

I'm having an issue trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on my machine.

Intel Q9300 @ 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, MSI Neo4 mobo.

I burned the disk, the darwin loader starts up fine, but then when it gets to the apple screen, the computer simply reboots, to repeat the process.

I am running WinXP(custom lite version), Windows Vista x64 Ultimate, and was attempting to do OSX on the 3rd partition of the drive.

I formatted the drive to Fat32, but chose to not use a bootloader. No floppy on my new machine = no bootloader(I think?).

Anyone have any tips? If you need more information please let me know. If this is a double post...oops, sorry! Thanks for your help in advanced!

Okay, if I understand this correctly, it reboots after the Apple logo and the spinning circle appear? If that's correct, then reboot OSX and try the -v command in Darwin and boot OSX and tell us where it gets stuck on the screen. (-v enables verbose mode, which tells you what the machine is doing, btw)

• 3 weeks later...

If PCGENUSB is highlighted i got that too. I got it many times when i installed security updates and drivers and it is the plague for me. I re-installed like 10 times so far because of that error and of a random error where the screen is blue then it slowly goes black and yellow and is blocky.