BitTorrent

sup3r1or

6 posts in this topic

Alright this seems weird.

I use Azureus on both Vista and OSX, yet in vista I get 200kb/sec trasfers and same torrent in OSX I never pass 6kb/sec bar. Why is this happening?

Does anyone knows how to fix this? I have D-Link Wireless router (but I use lan cable connection).

Check your firewall/network settings. Make sure you have assigned the correct ports to the application and make sure they are accessible from outside your network (router and client). If you have a firewall, you can try disabling it for debugging.

You should also try a different p2p client (like transmission) to rule out problems with your current application.

Other than that, there are sometimes certain restrictions applied to clients from some torrents sites. Make sure your application isn't one of them.

Last but not least: check your current network speeds. It may be a problem with your NIC.

Good luck!

Also, it may be wise to attempt to ping your router from your wireless connection in both Vista and OS X. I found out that a wireless card I was using had 1 - 2 MS response in Windows but only a 1000-3000 MS response in OS X.

Okay I will try I use router but I dont use the wireless (my usb stick doesnt work in Leopard). So I just used LAN cable to connect to the router.

How come windows doesnt have any problems with it then? I mean I have DMZ set up and The firewall is disabled.

Okay I will try I use router but I dont use the wireless (my usb stick doesnt work in Leopard). So I just used LAN cable to connect to the router.

How come windows doesnt have any problems with it then? I mean I have DMZ set up and The firewall is disabled.

You mean, your OSX firewall is disabled?

You should set your OSX to have a static IP and make sure you forward your TCP/UDP to that address (from the router's configuration).

PS: If you plan on trying to ping the router (like the user above me suggested), then make sure you haven't disabled this function. Re-disable the ping functionality after the test again, since this is considered a security flaw.