Can I install Leopard on my HP DV5 laptop?

Randomiser

32 posts in this topic

I have a brand new HP Dv5t laptop I custom built on their website. its got the centrino core 2 duo processor and a nvidia geforce 9600m gt card and when i boot the installer dvd (i have iAtkos v1.0i r or whatever) it runs and then that crossed out circle comes up. i tried patching it with an iDeben nforce patch and it didnt fix it. please help!!

i also have an AMD based desktop and the same crossed out circle comes up on that too.

boot with -v parameter

localhost /usr/bin/ocspd[79]: starting

localhost mDNSResponder [39]: Couldn't read user specified Computer Name; using default bMacPro-00********** instaed.

localhost mDNSResponder [39]: Couldn't read user specified Computer Name; using default bMacPro-00**********.localb instead.

(*** are random numbers)

boot with -v parameter

localhost /usr/bin/ocspd[79]: starting

localhost mDNSResponder [39]: Couldn't read user specified Computer Name; using default bMacPro-00********** instaed.

localhost mDNSResponder [39]: Couldn't read user specified Computer Name; using default bMacPro-00**********.localb instead.

(*** are random numbers)

I got it to install, downloaded the iDeneb v1.3 image and it got all the way to where it gave me that black restart box thing, and I restart and it just keeps going back to it over and over. I did the -v parameter and its taking forever to do anything so i dont know if its going to work. if it does work will i have to use the -v parameter every time i want to run os x? (im reading up on how to dual boot vista and mac btw)

I removed my hard disk and put it in another laptop, I installed it and put it back in my DV5. Now I get the same error as TheCasanova (the one where is asks you to hold down the power button to reboot) if I boot in -v mode it says there is a kernel panic. I will get a picture soon.

• 7 months later...
Well about a month ago i purchased this laptop, it is the HP Pavilion dv5-1009ea. It has NVIDIA 9200M GS GPU, core 2 duo processor and 4gb of ram. For more details click on the link ii gave you. Would i be able to install leopard on it without killing my vista 64-bit install, and is EFI emulation a possability. I really want to give this a go but am not very experienced in the OSx86 world, Please help. -_-

i have a problem with that