New P45 boards with EFI

twitterfire

7 posts in this topic

Some boards like these three manufactured by MSI have EFI suport: http://global.msi.com.tw/html/popup/MB/uef...lied_model.html .

Wikipedia says: "n 2008, many more systems have transitioned to use the UEFI technology. Some of the systems do not have the UEFI boot mode turned on, they only support the legacy OS boot via CSM, but systems with the UEFI mode turned on are shipping, for example, IBM x3450 server, MSI motherboards with ClickBIOS, HP EliteBook Notebook and Tablet PCs, etc. It is projected that by late 2009 or early 2010, more than 50% of the shipping x64 units will be UEFI based.".

Stupid question: what will stop us from installing Os X on boards with EFI? Maybe the boards will need little hacks to firmware, but I'm confident that osx86 community will find a solution.

It's a good ideea to order an MSI P45D3 board, or I'm just wasting my money?

I'm thinking that if wikipedia efi author is right, and we will see a major boost in boards supporting efi, it will be just a matter of time to install retail dvds and not to worry about updates.

I'm thinking that if wikipedia efi author is right, and we will see a major boost in boards supporting efi, it will be just a matter of time to install retail dvds and not to worry about updates.

yeah i thought about this a while ago. Should work though i mean the only difference right now is EFI