Error Message on install

Jer419

5 posts in this topic

So after 4 different tries at leopard i found a version that works.. JAS 10.5.4, well sorta works.. it will start to install then it gets to a point where it stops with an error message about the update package.

gedc0259do9.th.jpgthpix.gif

gedc0260cx9.th.jpgthpix.gif

my computer is as follows,

Compaq Evo D510

Intel Pentium 4 MMX, SSE, SSE2

its an ICH4 chipset or something of that sort

1GB of PC2700 RAM

and a 512mb Diamond ATI X1550 Pro graphics card AGP

Any suggestions or straight answers would help.

i would love to have leopard installed because i have Tiger 10.4.6 to run...

• 2 weeks later...

After fighting with my computer and doing hours of searches for a version that works... I've decided to just save myself the trouble and buy a hackintosh from psystar.com, Reasonable prices for computers that can run any OS.. I really wish i could have gotten this to work on my computer. You guys keep up the good work for those that have it working.

After fighting with my computer and doing hours of searches for a version that works... I've decided to just save myself the trouble and buy a hackintosh from psystar.com, Reasonable prices for computers that can run any OS.. I really wish i could have gotten this to work on my computer. You guys keep up the good work for those that have it working.

not reasonable if you have a frys nearby and some building experience lol, i think they're a rip off

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't given up completely yet... seems as though every time i try to install it.. i get a little further each time. I've gotten to a grey screen with just a cursor but no further this is with installing both Kernels that come with it... *sigh* It'll be a while before i can get the comp. from psystar and really i hope i can get this one to run. Any advice on the new situation... i've tried several different configs/selections of the additional files.. exp: ICHx w/ Sleep kenrel.. still just a grey screen... and also im wondering if the vanilla kernel is stardard install if not i dont have that option.