any advise

hardrokr4lyfe

6 posts in this topic

hello,

i have tried all versions of iatkos and kalyway. I've used nero to burn them and make the iso's bootable and i get the same thing everytime no matter what version i try. disk identify error xdma not loaded and it just gives me information about the dvd and the A:\ on the command prompt. Am i supposed to extract the iso before burning it? My computer is an HP pavillion 6700 laptop intel centrino dual core, nvidia graphics card, vista, 3 gb ram, 120 gb hard drive. i have concluded that im most likely not burning the file right or something. Is it possible to put the file on my ipod touch and boot the computer from the ipod like a flash drive maybe? just wondering. im willing to try just about anything at this point. i have made the unallocated partition formated it and whatnot and still nothing. PLEASE help me, im desperate.

Hey,

Use MagicISO, PowerISO, or ImageBurn to burn the .iso's to a dvd

Nero sucks...at everything

Except maybe lightscribe

Bro you're a life saver. The powerISO worked great and the install went fairly smoothly. Do you have any idea how I am to update iatkos1.0i to the newest system? Or how to get the sound to work? j/w Anyway thanks alot!

Hey,

Well no single iATKOS distro comes with patched sound drives you probably need to find out what audio device you have and head over to this thread

And look for the kalyway 10.5.2 & 10.5.3 updators to get to 10.5.3. Then use the netkas method to update to 10.5.5 (Assuming your running the vanilla kernel)

Good luck