updating to 10.5.5 on leo4all

4 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same issue. I installed leo4all 10.5.2 with the non-vanilla kernel, and i cannot update to anything. The software update from apple obvoiusly kills it, but so does the kalyway combo update 10.5.3 following hte procedure strictly...

how can go about updating my leopard? to ANYTHING but 10.5.2? :unsure:

Hi,

I have the same issue. I installed leo4all 10.5.2 with the non-vanilla kernel, and i cannot update to anything. The software update from apple obvoiusly kills it, but so does the kalyway combo update 10.5.3 following hte procedure strictly...

how can go about updating my leopard? to ANYTHING but 10.5.2? :D

Why not use the Vanilla kernal? i've got an XPS m1330 and I've found the only way to get updated is to use the Vanilla kernel. Of course then doing a few steps, but I've been able to move from Leo4All v3 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 using Delta updates and of course following these steps to do the update (I'm not sure who the originator of the instructions are):

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Open 10.5.3 (or 10.5.4) Update Installer

Run update BUT DO NOT RESTART

Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script

In terminal type:

nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext

I've also noticed that between 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 that when you do the nano command that it opens a blank page, so I've just skipped that step when doing the 10.5.4 update. 10.5.4 comes up fine though. Still trying to figure out how to get from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 though, then the fun job of getting hardware to install.

~Max