10.5.5 unstable

BiTRiP

8 posts in this topic

Hey guyz,

Is it me or is 10.5.5 in general not stable when Parallels (build 5608 or earlier) is launched?

I get weird random kernel panics while I never had this before the update.

Would like to know if it's a common problem with these together.

Thnx

BiTRiP

I've been running Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac (Build 5608) with no issues even after upgrading from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5, using the 9.5.0 vanilla kernel. I have an XP SP3 installation and it's still blazing fast. No panics, no lag, no issues to report here.

Thanks for your reply methamp!

I just noticed it's not the combination 10.5.5 and paralells but some anoying problem with my mobo+memory.

So, I think this topic can be closed unless others are having probs after update...

Thnx.

BiTRiP

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guyz,

Is it me or is 10.5.5 in general not stable when Parallels (build 5608 or earlier) is launched?

I get weird random kernel panics while I never had this before the update.

Would like if it's a common problem with these together.

Thnx

BiTRiP

Same here! Although, I am not sure, that it is related to parallels, I have a LOT of panics (at least once a day) since 10.5.5

FWIW, I was having the "Grey Curtain of Death" experience quite a bit - although seemingly random.

I decided to deactivate all the sleep options from the Energy Saver Preference Pane (except Sleep displays).

All went well for around 4 days - heavy work in Logic Pro - and no more Death Curtain . . . until

One isolated panic-event - when I was messing about with Sleep, Restart, and Shutdown key commands.

Happened after the "Quit all Applications and Restart" key combo ( Command + Control + Eject)

• 1 month later...

Ok guys I figured out the problem.................

Actually I had enabled the indexing for NTFS drive using the code

sudo mdutil -i on /Volumes/The name of the drive....

Hence when spotlight indexes the NTFS drive I was getting the Grey Curtain of Death

• 2 weeks later...